Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2010, 09:07 PM   #1 
Sara07013

Exclamation Looking for some more help!

Hi, I posted a thread a few days ago about my little guy Rainbow not eating or acting right. I made some changes and got him a 5 gallon tank with working filter and 25 watt heater and so far he seems to be doing better but he still is very skinny and overall looks very sickly. I still can't get him to eat his food. He hasn't eaten for over a week and I am very concerned. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I am still very new at this.
Sara07013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #2 
Sara07013

Here are pictures of his new home. What he looked like before he got sick and what he looks like now. I am sorry my camera sucks I hope these help a little bit
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #3 
small fry

Were the symtoms sudden? Do you know how old he is?
Could you fill out that little form thingy, that would save alot of questions.
small fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #4 
Sara07013

Housing What size is your tank? Was in 1 1/2 gal switched to 5 gallons yesterday. What temperature is your tank? right now it's at 72 I gotta get a better heater. Does your tank have a filter? Yes but I read that they didn't need it. Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? nope Is your tank heated? Yes What tank mates does your betta fish live with? He's by himself Food What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Topfin betta bits and freeze dried bloodworms How often do you feed your betta fish? I did feed him twice a day but now he doesn't eat at all. He is very sickly =( Maintenance How often do you perform a water change? once a week What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? I did 100% when he was in a small tank but going to 50% instead now that he's in a 5 gal. What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Stress coat Water Parameters: Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? Everything is out of whack Idk how to stablize it Ammonia: Nitrite:0 Nitrate:0 pH:8.4 Hardness: 150 Alkalinity:300 Symptoms and Treatment How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Very thin colors fading and fins are getting holes. How has your betta fish's behavior changed? He doesn't swim at all just sits at top of tank. When did you start noticing the symptoms? 2 weeks ago Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Upgraded his tank and got him a heater. Does your fish have any history of being ill? no I only had him for a few months How old is your fish (approximately)? I have nooo idea