Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #1 
Learn To Fly

Oldfishlady...

I don't know where this should go, but it's pretty cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/225-gallon-whole...item19c1dbe6f5

Someone must have gone to a Petsmart that was closing and bought this, because that's the only place I've seen them. This would be a really cool tank to do something with, I think anyway. It's too bad it's so expensive or I might have gotten it. You could do so many cool things with this setup!

Oldfishlady, too bad you aren't here in KY because I bet you could make something really amazing out of this, with your NPT skills and imagination. You were who first came to mind when I saw this...I thought, I know someone who could make something awesome out of this and who could really use it...except you don't live near KY. Oh well lol

Anyway, just thought I'd share...
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Oh wow....you got that right.....I could do so much with that tank...laffs.....you know it....full of plants and mixed sexed Bettas is what it would be for sure.....along with the guppies for free range feeding.....I wish I could have a bigger tank in the house but my floor would not support that much weight...lol...I already have over 1 ton of water on the east side of my house...but when you think about it...having a large tank on the other side would be a good idea....laffs.....I still want to change my spare bedroom into a fish room...lol....still may happen one day you never know......but really cool tank.....I watch craiglist all the time and see great deal that I would love to get...I seen a 1000g tank once...would that not be cool...it would needs its own building...but hey I got well over 100 acres....lol.....and I could swim with the fish....awesome...dream...laffs.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #3 
Learn To Fly

Lol maybe you should put some tanks on the other side :P
I can't imagine swimming with my fish...that'd be so cool! Especially if you had a huge sorority lol...although it would probably be too deep for a betta...but if you could that would be...just...wow lol. I guess you just have to watch around, especially if any LFS were going out of business, or Petsmarts or something, you'd get some awesome deals and/or tanks. There was another ad for some tanks that looked like they came from Petsmart or something and I thought those would be cool to have too...oh well. One can dream of having limitless space and money ;)

Oh, BTW, when did you become a mod??
Old 12-23-2010, 08:20 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

I became a moderator yesterday or the day before...laffs....time runs together for me these days....this week anyway...lol.....

I know just when I am messing with the tanks-like when I am trimming plants or something I get attacked by the Bettas....they bite me-attack my hand and arm sticking in the tank...it doesn't hurt but it startles me and I jump...lol....or when I feed they start to jump out of the water at me...kinda funny...had a few jump out going after me or should say going after the food......or when the cats go to drink out of one of the tanks on the bottom rack and they go after them...pretty funny to watch them going after a paw sticking in the water or a tongue...I often wonder if they have ever drank a betta......would be hard to tell with so many Bettas in a tank....laffs.....

Since I started to find tanks at the thrift shop I make a point to go in them now and look for them....love a good deal.......I don't think I have ever bought a tank new...even my 75g with the stand was a mother days gift from my daughter and the 55g was given to me by my older brother after he got tired of taking care of it.......since I live in a big college town....you can find tanks a lot for free and I even found live half dead fish in a dumpster once.....when school breaks for the summer......I don't normally dumpster dive but I seen a big hex tank sitting on the side of a dumpster and stopped to check it out...an wow...what some people throw away......Free or cheaper is my favorite price...laffs.....
Old 12-24-2010, 07:06 PM   #5 
Learn To Fly

Wow good thing your cats don't have a taste for the fish themselves...that could end badly for some lol! I've never had a tank full of bettas, but I've had some that attacked me. They're all scared of my cat though...I'm glad he only likes fish water because he's knocked over jars and had fish flopping around right under his nose...all he was interested in was the water though.

I've seen your posts about your incredible luck at thrift shops...it's a good thing that doesn't happen to me or my room (my fish space is limited lol) would have no room for me! I should really start looking around more though...lol.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #6 
monroe0704

I want to turn our spare room in to a pet room! I'm big on bettas, my husband is big on frogs. He has White's Tree Frogs and we are using a divided 55 gallon for two species of Thumbnail Dart Frogs :) The terrariums/aquariums are so pretty that I think it'd be very cool to have a big setup in a room... almost like going to a zoo hah.
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #7 
Oldfishlady

I hear that...I have to share a bit of space with my hubby and the marble crayfish...I house and care for them...but had he not wanted them I personally would not have them as cool as they are since they clone themselves and kinda rare...laffs.....but I can't make their tank a true planted tank because they eat the plants and up-root them...so only floating plants and sand and oak leaf for substrate...cool looking tank none the less...but dang what I could do with the 10gal they are in....lol....and it was a cheap thrift store tank too......less than 6 buck I think...complete.....