Betta Fish Forum banner

omg

710 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  baylee767 
#1 ·
My crowntail has white fuzzy stuff hanging off of the ends of his fins. Nothing on his body, and he is acting totally normal. What does this mean?

#4 ·
Ok well assuming that he is at the proper temperature and cleanliness I can only assume its a fungs of some sort. But pictures would be very helpful. Also if you put aquarium salt in the water I would stop that, it might be excess slime coat.

#5 ·
Regulated? That provides next to nothing in terms of information about your set up. It's really hard to answer your question without more information or a picture.

How often are you changing the water?
Are you using water conditioner?
What size container is he in?
Have you done any treatments thus far?
What do you add to the water if anything?
What temperature is your water?
What do you feed? How often?
Is he with other fish?

#6 ·
He was in a 10 gal, and I moved him back into a 2.5 gal about 2 weeks ago-strange as it may seem, he didn't like the 10 gal. He had quit moving at all. So he is back to his old self in the smaller tank, so I assume that is what he likes, as he is back to being active and responding to me being around and such and making his little bubble nests.
I do a 100% every 4 or 5 days (sometimes less, depends), and his tank is at 80. I was worried at first it was too high, but he is most active at 80. I put in water conditioner, and I feed him the only food he will eat-the pellets. I feed him one at a time and give him 3-4 pellets once a day. There is never excess food in his tank. I have about 3 different types of food for him, but he will only eat the pellets.
He is alone in his tank. I have not treated him at all yet, this just popped up today.

Thanks guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.