Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #101 
HarleyRigid

I am disgusted with the light globe idea. She goes on to say that she recommends only 1 fish per globe or it might get a bit crowded.... darling... its a lightglobe, its already crowded. Suprised that people honestly think that its ok to keep a fish in that. Its like keeping a cat in a shoe box. Yeah it might survive for a while, maybe even a long while if all its needs are met but what sort of existance is that? Just plain cruel.
HarleyRigid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #102 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt007 View Post
Actually, It is real, the member in question photoshopped it to make the betta the only thing with color and then he/she added text. :P

This isn't a betta bowl, but talk about overstocking.

it'd be a wonderful tank! if it weren't packed full of goldfish. >.>;
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #103 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI View Post
I found the website that they're being sold on, and left her a message on her blog page, where she explains how she made it.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/44251755...beta-fish-bowl

Unfortunately it's very real :(
That is absolutely disgusting! She should be banned from etsy for animal abuse!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #104 
fishman12

You'd spend half the day doing water changes for the light bulb.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #105 
fishman12

Anti-rant
http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=3477414

The only thing I don't like is that I paid more for my 10 gallon
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #106 
DazzleKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt007 View Post
Actually, It is real, the member in question photoshopped it to make the betta the only thing with color and then he/she added text. :P

This isn't a betta bowl, but talk about overstocking.

It would actually look cool if it didn't have so many fish in it. With all those fish in it, it actually looks really nausea-inducing. That's just too much. How can they move with all those other fish? Think of all the poop too. I wonder if they even do any kind of cleaning? I'd be dang hard to clean a tank like that. I don't think the fish would really like it anyways even if there wasn't overcrowding. There are no plants or hiding places for them.

The betta light bulb above is sickening. The look on the betta's face makes me look sad. Nothing should be kept in something that small. Sure, you can survive in a closet, but would you want to have to live in one?
DazzleKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #107 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzleKitty View Post
It would actually look cool if it didn't have so many fish in it. With all those fish in it, it actually looks really nausea-inducing. That's just too much. How can they move with all those other fish? Think of all the poop too. I wonder if they even do any kind of cleaning? I'd be dang hard to clean a tank like that. I don't think the fish would really like it anyways even if there wasn't overcrowding. There are no plants or hiding places for them.

The betta light bulb above is sickening. The look on the betta's face makes me look sad. Nothing should be kept in something that small. Sure, you can survive in a closet, but would you want to have to live in one?
flip it so that the larger end's on the floor. plant it up with lots of live plants and caves. add something, maybe some cichlids. enjoy. xD?
Old 01-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #108 
demonicangel132007

*sigh* I had seen this online somewhere before but never actually saw it in use. The whole blog entry can be found here as you can read she is homeschooling her two boys and is using the fish as "class pets" and will be changing the aquarium once a week. She even pretty much says she is counting down the days until they die and they are "done with fish" so I'm not sure, the blog entry is from August 30, 2010 so I do not know if the bettas in question are still alive.

And I couldn't find the betta handbag mentioned earlier but there was this one that has kind of stuck with me. :(

Oh and if you type "inhuman betta fish aquariums" into Google images you find images like those thingies (tiers I think they are called) in wedding cakes it's from a blog called "Cake Wrecks" and if you scroll down to the bottom to the groom's cake you will join me in a group facepalm of course.

Not meaning to get a bit off topic but...does anyone else (who are like me and are very creative) looked at some of these tanks and wonder 'what else could I do with this?' Like say it was a gift, it was on sale so you can't return it but you know better than to put a living animal in it and you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by not using it for SOMETHING (because who knows how long Great-Aunt Millie will be around any longer, right?). For example, the book ends...I admit I have been eyeballing them but imagining them on my shelf growing some of my bamboo plants. I don't know, maybe I'm just weird. >_>
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:01 AM   #109 
Luimeril

i couldn't help myself and posted a very long comment on the first one. >.>; i know she had good intentions, but probably got sucked into the Petsmart lies. x-X hope i was friendly. i've been known to come across as harsh and rude. o.0 one shouldn't buy bettas for their kids, if they're gonna "count down the days till they die".
Old 01-10-2011, 06:10 AM   #110 
DESI

Urgh. The blog is so annoying.

[About the betta fish she bought] “I hope I do not kill them! Thank God I have 14 days to take them back if they die! I will allow for one more fish if King and Kolache decide to die and then we are done with fish. I am counting the days!”

[About a bird in a tree] “I have this thing with nature. Any kind of nature. And when it comes to God's creatures I am especially curious and need a closer look…For just a few minutes I was able to stand in awe of this beautiful creature GOD made! Amazing! It is times like this, that when the world is closing in around me, that I sit back and think of the many blessing right before my eyes. ALL blessings God has given me!!! I don't need the "world" and all the garbage it throws at me. I have everything I need in God. So thank you God for orchestrating this GOTCHA moment so I could finally capture a closer look at one of your creatures”

Oooh God’s wonderful creatures! Just as long as it’s not a boring old dispensable fish? This is what annoys me about the ‘God’s creatures’ thing. If you believe that God created everything, then why is it people only respect the creations that they personally find attractive or interesting to look at? A polar bear is amazing and should be protected, but you can browse Amazon for ways to kill a rat? A bird is a source of wonder but you count the days until two little Bettas (who didn’t ask to be bought!) die?
DESI is offline   Reply With Quote