Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #41 
HarleyRigid

Hi Baylee, thanks for your advice. Tail biting? What is it and what can I do about it? I assume it has some thing to do with him biting his own tail but is it a disease? a mental problem? has ol' Rocky taken a few too many knocks and developed a loose wire or two upstairs?
HarleyRigid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #42 
Malvolti

Tail biting is what I guess you could call a nervous disorder, like people and nail biting. The stress of being in a small tank or the stress of just being brought home makes them chew on their tails. It'll grow back with clean water and time.

And trust me, I think we'd all like to do some not-nice things to those stores and their untrained associates. So many people get roped into getting those things and so few bother to go online and find out the proper care. Thankfully you are one of those few.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #43 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
I seen a small pic of that ipond and thought it was a screen saver! omg cant believe someone would put a fish in there!
OMG, I thought it was a wallpaper, too. I just thought it was one of those "student PhotoShop project class assignment" thingies, you know?

And now I present to you, the WORST "any type of fish" bowls that I have found. *ahem*

Exhibit A, please take the time to scroll down to the bottom to the reviews section and find the ONLY 5 star review. Note as well, how poorly PhotoShopped it is. Advice to tank buyers, if it looks fake chances are they've never "tested it" (couldn't think of anything else that would go there >_<)

Exhibit B, yes I am aware that it is similar to Exhibit A. I ask you to note the price for it and that as I am posting this there are 2 left in stock.

and last...

Exhibit C, how freaking cute would this look on a desk somewhere? Holding pens and pencils? Although I think it would clash a bit with my Oriental theme that I accidentally started on my desk, I still want one for that purpose only!

Also with Exhibits A & B, click on "Aquavista" to see what else they have (picture frame aquariums, wall mounted TV like aquariums, one is even referred to as a TV aquarium--no joke, page 2 last image).

Um, I think that's all I have for right now. I usually lurk around Amazon, eyeballing some aquariums thinking about the day I have my own place and can have a fish room. :)

EDIT!
*annoying Breaking News music*

Okay, I think I found the worst of the worst betta fish tanks. Again, found on amazon.com.

Exhibit D, "You know what the best aquarium is? One that tells you the time, date, and outside temperature AS WELL holding your office supplies. What more could you ask for?" <-Sorry, got a little carried away with my inner infomercial voice. But again, if it looks PhotoShopped then DON'T BUY IT!

Last edited by demonicangel132007; 12-27-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: adding another link
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:08 PM   #44 
cesitlie95

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicangel132007 View Post
Exhibit A, please take the time to scroll down to the bottom to the reviews section and find the ONLY 5 star review. Note as well, how poorly PhotoShopped it is. Advice to tank buyers, if it looks fake chances are they've never "tested it" (couldn't think of anything else that would go there >_<)
That's terrible! The poor fish doesn't even look like it can turn around!

I've done some searching and this is the worst that I found - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...=kitchen&img=0
That's really sad. The fish has what? 2 inches to swim? The decorations don't help either...
cesitlie95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #45 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesitlie95 View Post
That's terrible! The poor fish doesn't even look like it can turn around!

I've done some searching and this is the worst that I found - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...=kitchen&img=0
That's really sad. The fish has what? 2 inches to swim? The decorations don't help either...
Ugh, that's only cute as I said with the Nemo thing, as a desk ornament. Just have it sitting there and people think, "Oh you like fish." Don't subject the fish to that. :

Although I can think of something really, really crafty to do with it. :)

OMG, wha? Huh? No! How would this work anyway? Nature Luminous Ocean Aquarium Glass Betta Bowl Ornament? Do you just hang it on the tree w/o the fish in there to surprise someone with on Christmas morning? Or are you stupid and put the fish in there anyway with something over it so that it won't, I don't know, jump out? They come in really pretty colors though so I might get them only for the previously mentioned crafty idea.

By the way, I found the companion piece for the one you posted. (If it doesn't open, one kitty is fishing and the other looks like it's ready to club it).
Old 12-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #46 
cesitlie95

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicangel132007 View Post
By the way, I found the companion piece for the one you posted. (If it doesn't open, one kitty is fishing and the other looks like it's ready to club it).

Oh my, it looks like the same poor fish too .. well it's a good thing the kitties aren't real lol
cesitlie95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #47 
FishyFriend1

http://theaquablock.com/store/- stupid auqa block...... look at how they clean them and everything else! disgusting!

EDIT: sorry, here a quote from the site itself:

"You should change the water once a month.
Your AQUABLOCK contains decorative sand art which is sealed at the bottom of your tank, making changing your water easy. Prior to changing the water in your AQUABLOCK, you should leave two pints of non chlorinated water in the same room for about 24 hours,"

Or

"These portable tanks are ideal as a first pet for any child and are easy to clean (the gravel is glued down)."

Last edited by FishyFriend1; 12-27-2010 at 03:07 PM.
FishyFriend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:20 PM   #48 
Dontpanic

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/e5dd/
0.4 gallons
Granted, it's a nice idea but hardly enough room for any fish.
Dontpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #49 
FishyFriend1

this thread NEEDS to be sticky-ed so that everyone can see the terrible things that happen to a living creature!!!
FishyFriend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #50 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontpanic View Post
http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/e5dd/
0.4 gallons
Granted, it's a nice idea but hardly enough room for any fish.
I posted that earlier and was wondering about the size. It was conveniently left out of the info. :\