Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #1 
Malvolti

Hurray for hobbyist parents!

So I drove home for the holidays, my parents live 5 hours away from me. Since I'll be home for at least 2 weeks I brought my wet pets home with me. I got everything set up and going fine.

A few minutes ago noticed that the temperature in my tank had dropped from the 26*C I normally keep it at to 20*C, of course I started to freak out. My heater isn't adjustable and only just big enough for my tank so I usually keep my apartment warm enough that it doesn't matter. My parents don't.

I wrapped the tank in sweaters and ran to my parents to ask them for an electric heating pad to put under the tank for now for some heat. My dad runs off to the basement while my mom starts searching upstairs. A few minutes later my dad comes back holding a tank heater. My mom looks at it and says "Oh yeah, before you were born we had a 25 gallon tropical tank and we used that to heat it."

Needless to say my tank has a new (old), large, adjustable heater which is Holding 26* perfectly.

I love my pack-rat parents and their random hobbies from pre-me.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:28 AM   #2 
Duncan13

Yay! Its great you had an extra heater! I always keep an extra one in case one breaks. :)
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #3 
fishman12

That's luck.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #4 
lilyrazen

That's awesome. My parents had fish pre-me as well! That's why he loves my bettas. That's awesome tho :D
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #5 
Malvolti

Actually, my mom has just decided she wants to get a Betta for her Library (She's the librarian in a highschool). So I've been educating her about proper care, plants, appropriate companions etc. She asked me to take her shopping to make sure she gets all the right equipment.

My hope is maybe the kids in her school will see it and learn that THAT is how to keep a Betta, not in a little ball or cup or whatever.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #6 
FishyFriend1

well its a good thing your going with her so that she gets all the right stuff. +1

and i think its good that people buy betta from petstores because the cups that they live in is just terrible. by buying a betta from a petstore you are at least offering a better life.
FishyFriend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's nice to have fish friendly parents.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote