Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2010, 11:40 PM   #11 
StarvingPoet

Hey! I'm new too. I've had bettas for a few months and been reading this forum since before I got them, but I've never posted. I figure it's about time.
*waves*
So greetings to you and hello to everyone else!
StarvingPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #12 
k9m8c78

That sux!

[quote=bribri92;544034]Bad news everyone, I checked with my Hall Advisor and she said she doesn't want a fish on our hall because they are messy to clean and unsanitary... I'll be getting mine over the summer!

I work in a hospital and infection control allows me to keep my betta on my desk in a one gallon heated tank. They do not allow filters because that can spread whatever is in the tank in the air but as long as I clean the tank once a week IC has no problems with the "sanitary" conditions of the tank.

Your dorm advisor is a fish hater!
k9m8c78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #13 
bettafish15

[quote=k9m8c78;546140]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bribri92 View Post
Bad news everyone, I checked with my Hall Advisor and she said she doesn't want a fish on our hall because they are messy to clean and unsanitary... I'll be getting mine over the summer!

I work in a hospital and infection control allows me to keep my betta on my desk in a one gallon heated tank. They do not allow filters because that can spread whatever is in the tank in the air but as long as I clean the tank once a week IC has no problems with the "sanitary" conditions of the tank.

Your dorm advisor is a fish hater!
*sputters* I would do more water changes for a 1 gallon than once a week...I prefere 100% every other day but some people do 1-50% and 1-100% a week. :)
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote