Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2010, 03:38 AM   #1 
MrVampire181

Mr.V's betta selling thread!

So to stay organized I will keep this one thread updated for selling any of my bettas. This post is just to state the rules of buying my bettas.

First:
THERE ARE NO BETTAS FOR SALE AT THE MOMENT, CHECK THIS THREAD MONTHLY FOR UPDATES!

Pet VS Breeding:
Unfortunately not all quality betta spawns produce quality fish. There are several deformities that occur...there's no way around it. If a fish is labeled PET ONLY! tha fish should not be bred. If I find out you later tried or did breed a pet only fish it will make me think you are an irresponsible breeder and it will make me hesitant to sell to you again.

Prices:
Fish will be priced according to quality. Shipping is $35-$37 depending on time of year. I do not offer Priority mail at the moment but should I decide to I will post so on this thread.

Shipping:
I can only ship to the continental US. I will package your bettas with extreme care. To set one thing straight it may take me up to a week to actually ship your bettas, so don't report me if I don't get your bettas out right away. Shipping days will be posted above the fish for sale. Also I need to get your OK for me to ship them since you will need to be home to recieve the package. If you are concerned about weather or stressing the fish I can request a Hold For Pick Up, you will need to go pick them up from the P.O.

DOA Policy:
I am not going to offer a Live Arrival Guarentee.
*Shipping is stressful and some bettas can't handle it.
*I have no control what happens at the P.O. after your bettas are dropped off. Should something happen in the mail stream and the fish die I am NOT responsible.
*If you feel a DOA was my fault PM me and we will talk it over.
*Please note that I have talked to Linda Olson many times about shipping so I am confident your bettas will arrive in great shape thanks to her!

What you get:

For single betta orders:
*Your betta
*Unpacking instructions
*A paper with your whole order written on it
*My email and cell phone number should there be a problem with your fish. I do not charge for this service but I would prefer to keep calls short (5 min and under). Texting may be a better option.

Breeding pairs:
*Your bettas
*Free microworms and vinegar eels
*A paper with your whole order written on it
*Culturing instructions
*My email and cell phone number (same rules apply).

How to buy:
Fish will be posted and price listed. If you are interested PM me. I can hold fish for a week but if you don't pay by the end of the week the fish will be put up for grabs. Anytime someone buys a fish or pair I will re-post the fish and write SOLD!

My requests:
*All fish recieve proper care. If I find you unfit I will refuse to sell to you (I don't think I'll have that problem).
*Shipping materials be re-used or recycled (except for heat packs...throw them away).
*Breeding pairs are bred responsibly.

MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #2 
anglnarnld

I would love to purchase from you but I only purchase if there is a guarentee, I dont want to have my money go to waste...
anglnarnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #3 
fflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglnarnld View Post
I would love to purchase from you but I only purchase if there is a guarentee, I dont want to have my money go to waste...
Agreed, if people from Thailand can offer that type of good faith service from the other side of the world, surely you can as well especially with much less distance to travel.
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

Bettas are very good travelers and I will be packing them with extreme care and I'm only offering the fastest method of shipping (overnight, 2 days to some areas).

The live arrival guarentee is an iffy issue with me, anyone can offer a live arrival and then pack the fish terribly. A reputable seller dosen't need to offer a live arrival guarentee. Expierience and trust are things I look for in a seller. Like I posted I've been in contact with expierienced shippers and I have read almost every shipping article written. I even know how to ship fish safely via Priority mail in the middle of winter....not that I'd do it but good info none the less.

Here's how I will be packing your fish for shipment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwKWpRmYFNo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYl93...eature=related

*I've actually added an addition to the mid winter shipping...I will be lining the boxes with a trash bag and then the styrofoam and the other transh bag containing the fish will be wrapped in newspaper...I'm paranoid what can I say LOL.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #5 
JKfish

Personally, I trust you Sir Vamp, so in the case you have a fish that catches my fancy and I should have room (or be willing to make room XD) I would buy from you without hesitation.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #6 
anglnarnld

Now you have my trust but sadly, my mom wont allow me to order without guarantees :(
Old 12-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #7 
MrVampire181

Thanks JK!

That's too bad she won't buy without a guarentee, maybe when I start selling some more and can get some reviews posted she'll change her mind ;)
Old 12-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #8 
anglnarnld

Hopefully
Old 12-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #9 
MrVampire181

Here's a good page on finding a good seller:
http://bettatalk.com/selecting_a_seller.htm

I hope to have such good refs like Faith:
http://bettatalk.com/my_refs.htm
Old 12-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #10 
Miggy10

I live right by you so for me could i just pick them up myself if i decide to buy one?
Miggy10 is offline   Reply With Quote