Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2010, 08:42 AM   #1 
elijahfeathers

Sooo I thought I wanted a HM.

Then I started looking around-- basically I've been trying to find local breeders and such-- and I found one the next stare over. With some GORGEOUS HMPKs-- a lot of dragons, and a few solid white ones that are just stunning.

I didn't really think I liked PKs but the fish I'm seeing are just like WOW. *swoons* Geeze guys. How do you all manage not to buy truckloads of fish?
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #2 
Neelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahfeathers View Post
How do you all manage not to buy truckloads of fish?
we dont lol
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:43 AM   #3 
elijahfeathers

xDDD

Well I already have a limit of 2 tops for myself set-- but I don't really wanna divide my 10 gallon until I can find a way that looks pretty and is functional. While it was nice having two fish before, the divider was some kind of eyesore imo. If I devided again I'd want to take the time to get clear plastic or something with holes to let water through, and then use two of them with space between for a moss or something so that the bettas wouldn't constantly be stressed by each other.

But I'm lazy so I'll prolly just stick with one. xD
Old 12-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #4 
fflores

in what state? i'm doing the same and looking for a local or semi-local place to buy.
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #5 
elijahfeathers

I'm in MN-- the guy I found was on another website-- his name is coolbettas. And the pictures he posts show some really nice fish.

He might be a littlr too far for me to drive to, and it makes me sad. Cause like. I do want a nice betta, but I don't feel like I can justify 20-30 dollar shipping on a 30 dollar fish. I'd like to, but financially I just can't, you know? I'm already spending way more than I should getting things set up well and argh. Half of me just doesn't want to put a kind of unimpressive fish in a tank I'm paying for much to get together and working so hard on-- and the other half of me just doesn't want to support the way that the fish are kept in the petcos and walmarts around here. :/ While there are pretty fish and it's very tempting, all I'm doing if I buy one is showing them that people will purchase really sickly fish that are kept in horrible conditions.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #6 
peaches3221

When I bought my (still un-named) new guy, I thought I wanted a crowntail! I never really liked the king bettas but he's a really pretty green color and I love his pink head! (he's piebald, colored fins and body with a flesh colored head) and he has these GORGEOUS big black eyes! alright, enough of my rambling I think you should buy a PK. they are known to be more active than other types and they are just plain AWESOME!!!
peaches3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #7 
elijahfeathers

Once I finish setting up my tank I hopefully will be able to. I'd love to get a solid white one. ;u; But there are a lot of pretty colors out there and all, so. I shall see what I can get my hands on. Can't wait for my next paycheck. lol
Old 12-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #8 
monroe0704

I'm gonna be up in MN from Jan-May and I plan on breeding yellow/blue fancy PKs.. I can show you the daddy and depending on where you live we could do a pick up! I'm mostly interested in finding homes for my fry vs making lots of profit off them...
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #9 
elijahfeathers

Ohhh, I'd would be interested in seeing the daddy!

I feel so eager. I'm always thinking about fish now. It's an obsession. rofl
Old 12-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #10 
MrVampire181

I've imported super red HMPK, super black HMPK, and black devil HMPK...I focus on HMPK. I can sell you one, I ship. I'm keeping my prices low ($20 and under, except for my amazing fish which shouldn't be much more) because of my high shipping fee ($35 to $37). Check my sale thread once a month unless you find another fish.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote