Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2010, 07:38 PM   #11 
MrVampire181

Stress coat is based on the cap. A whole cap treats 10 gallons...It's not a liquid it's more of a goo.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #12 
Sweeda88

I think they cap is probably more than 1 teaspoon. I'd say look at the cap next to a teaspoon measuring spoon and see. If it is more, I'd switch to Jungle Start right. You can get a large bottle (I THINK it's 8oz) at Walmart for $6.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #13 
MrVampire181

Too late to switch lol. I hate stressing my fish like that so I'm going to stick with it...its better for them in general...well IMO.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #14 
Sweeda88

Didn't know that. Good to know. =)
Old 12-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #15 
wallywestisthebest333

I'm not sure if an RO system removes Chlorine as well (I'm off to search that) but maybe that's what they have? I dunno. :/ I'd be skeptical and I'd probably e-mail them asking for more details before I bought anything from them. They do have some amazing bettas though and I love the fact that they're bred here in the US!

Still I think before I go to Aquabid I'll PM the breeders on here for pictures of their stock instead. After all; I know you guys pretty well. I can trust that you treat your fish well. =] Plus it just makes more sense. I can contact you all directly and I don't have to deal with auctions and all of that stuff. It's so much simpler! XD

Ok so I just did some quick research on RO water and RO/DI water. Apparently it's used in reef aquariums because it removes chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals with the carbon pre-filter, and then the RO membrane (RO stands for Reverse Osmosis btw. :P). The the DI (de-ionizing) takes care of the dangerous ionized water.

I got this info from an FAQ made by an RO filter and installation company that showed up on the Google search and a Wikipedia article. So you can take it or leave it. :P

I think it's worth e-mailing them about but I don't feel the need to get an Aquabid account just to ask them if they have an RO/DI system! XD If someone on here has an Aquabid account and feels like asking then posting back with the answer it'd be pretty cool though. =]

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 12-26-2010 at 09:15 PM.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #16 
fflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
There was a thread on this before, and I'll say the same. I'm willing to bet that many breeders use something to clean the water, since no one wants to spend the money to buy conditioner for as many fish as they might have. Either that, or he's like me. My water is very safe, and I do not use it any conditioner for any of my fish. I haven't had any deaths (other than euthanasia) since April, and I have 14 happy, healthy, beautiful fish. The circumstance is unknown to us, so we can't really yell or get angry. Odds are his water is safe since his fish are 1) alive, and 2) not bad looking.
+1.

If they weren't doing "something" to remove the chlorine the fishes would definitely die
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #17 
Sweeda88

Well, I'm new here, so I haven't seen that thread before. Btw, fflores, I love the face your fishy is making in your picture!
Old 12-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #18 
Malvolti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
I've wanted to try Prime, but it doesn't remove heavy metals, and I have hard water.
Um, yes it does.

From my bottle "It will also detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels."

Otherwise yes, he must do something to his water to make it safe. Although I don't see how advertising that is a selling point.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #19 
Sweeda88

Oh. I saw it online and I saw nothing in the description that said it removed heavy metals (it also didn't say it on the bottle in the picture). Thanks for telling me! I want to try it now.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #20 
MrVampire181

Personally I think this seller has some of the worst fish out there...from a breeding standpoint...he dosen't even know his colors/patterns.