Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #11 
baylee767

Poor Velvet )= But at least it's started. Uh... will this be bad for him because his stomach is swollen and he looks kinda constipated? Kelly528 explained a few good parasite related reasons that this would happen. If the pellets don't "clog" him up more I'm willing. But are they safe?
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #12 
Betta Slave

Perfectly safe, I'm pretty sure. I've done this for all 5 of my bettas who have had parasites (including two who have had swollen stomachs like your boy's) and they've never died by being "clogged" up.

Edit- let's just put it this way- if this wasn't safe, I wouldn't be posting it. :)
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #13 
DormDrax

*Still drinking tea (I think I have a problem)*

Hmm... wonder what my Oracle Cards have to say... (Avid Tarot Reader, that 100% of the time gets spooky accurate results)

Velvet Velvet shall ye pull through... you've been through so much already... With one more hurdle can you make it through...

*Shuffles*
*Holds out three cards*

*Observes Cards*
Water Lily: Faith, Piety... The Flower Ball: Happy Times... Lily: Pure Motives...

*Conclusion*
Don't give up, Velvet may seem like he's giving up but he's still fighting just in a weakened state. You'll soon be rewarded with happier times meaning that Velvet eventually gets better. You are doing all you can so don't at any point feel that your not giving Velvet the best care... Velvet is the one that you saved from your sister correct?

It's just a waiting game since the meaning's of the first card and the third card also mean Patience...

Many of you may roll your eyes but hey... even if Tarot is bogus it still gives people hope and in this situation isn't that what we want?

If your curious these cards (Because of their floral names) are the http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...flower-oracle/
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #14 
baylee767

Thanks you've been lots of help! Now Velvet will heal! I'm worried because we go on a trip in march... hopefully he'll get better in around 2 months. Man, if I had known he had internal parasites when I'd gotten him he'd be halfway through treatment. At least I'm doing something, though.

EDIT: Dormdrax I just saw your post. Thanks for wishing Velvet luck, and yes he is the one I saved. He's the beauty in my avatar.

Last edited by baylee767; 12-28-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #15 
Betta Slave

No problem :) I'm sure he'll get better soon.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #16 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
Dormdrax I just saw your post. Thanks for wishing Velvet luck, and yes he is the one I saved. He's the beauty in my avatar.
Thats why I Tarot haha not to spook but to just give hope if the person asks a depressing question.

Not to sound like a Pet Store... but Betta's are Hardy fish so I mean it just seems that if ya just give Velvet the right care for the pesky worms... If he survived as long as he did in your sisters death camp he MUST he a pretty strong fighter!
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #17 
baylee767

He is.

Good news everyone! His poop is brown! Lol it's still all stringy and hanging out, but at least it isn't white anymore. I think he highly enjoys the garlicy flavor lol. He's recovering, and today's his last espom salt water change. I'm so glad I got to this in time, and I was doing my math wrong BTW... I said he had 2 months to get better before my trip, but he has 3 months. So he should have plenty of time.

I'm feeding Neon garlic pellets just because it's good for him. And if he secretly has internal parasites that'll cure him lol.

I'm loving Velvets new eyes!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #18 
Betta Slave

Glad he's feeling better :) And you're lucky that he likes the garlic flavour... all the fish I've had to treat absolutely hate it. lol
Old 12-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #19 
baylee767

Well he either loves it or is too hungry to care...

See he eats ALOT and doesn't care what it is he's eating. So long as it's food he'll eat it lol. Do you think I should feed him 3 pellets? They are hikari biogold.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #20 
Betta Slave

Three wouldn't hurt. I feed my boys 3 in the morning, 2 at night. Assuming he's a bit larger than the average VT, or he can handle it, go for it!