Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 AM   #11 
weluvbettas

I have the Fluval Roma 90 ! For my community tank. Its great , its 23 us gallons .
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #12 
chargers505

I have the Fluval Spec and I absolutely loove love love it. You can't literally hear a thing from it. It is the quietest tank I've ever had in my life. And then on top of that, I'm using Tetra Whisper 10....AHHHH feels so nice to sleep without any interruptions.
chargers505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #13 
ChicagoPete

I heard many many complaints about the filtration on the Fluval ''no'' Chi I think its mostly because it litterally floats in the water at the top of the tank. But people ive seen with the Fluval Edge seemed to have no problems.
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:02 PM   #14 
fflores

I have the tank set up right now... Not a single noise is coming from the filter system. I had adjusted the rocks that comes with the kit to decorate or control the flow of the water refeed.... The tank looks great, I am seeing what kind of temp i get with out a heater. At the moment its too low and i will have to get a heater for the tank soon. It reads 70F or so, and i am not going to raise the temp of the entire house just for the tank.

I will take pics shortly.

I did also take the time to go to a couple different fish stores, the place i got my tank at was really nice, but small. The woman behind the counter had good knowledge, much more then any of the big box stores. I showed her on my phone a pic of the kind of betta i am looking for and she said that its rare for them to get anything like that, but that they might be able to order something for me.

Last night i went to pick out side table for the tank, on my way home from work there is a ikea not too far out of the way, and i always like they simple style, so i headed there after work. In the same parking lot there was a place called "Aquarium Adventure", they had a great set up. I walked around for a bit and came across their betta collection. Each one was in a nice size mini vase, all had clean water, many different styles from VT/CT/DT a couple of Cambodians and a few marbles. I struck up a conversation with manager and his assistant and it was nice to talk with someone that not only cared about fishes but also were betta fans themselves and collected them. I showed them the pics from my cell phone as to what i'm looking for any they quickly knew exactly what the betta was (dragon masked HMPK)... most other places just say "oh a fancy betta".

They did warn me that i shouldn't get my hopes to high on finding something like that at any pet stop or locally for that matter, which i knew, but that maybe they can hook me up with one of their breeders see whats available. I left them my contact info and hopefully i'll get something to my liking soon enough.

So to the workers of Aquarium Adventure (one of them said they browse betta forums sometimes), thanks for your help and it was a pleasure having a conversation with someone that understood what they were talking about.
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #15 
fflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPete View Post
I heard many many complaints about the filtration on the Fluval ''no'' Chi I think its mostly because it litterally floats in the water at the top of the tank. But people ive seen with the Fluval Edge seemed to have no problems.

Why would it "float" in the water?

There is a base to the filter that attaches to the back of the tank, it i secured very nicely. Currently the water line is about 1.5 inches past the bottom of the filter box and about .5 inch from the top of the tank. i will be getting soem acrylic and cutting it to fit some time next week and have a custom top for it.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #16 
fflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargers505 View Post
I have the Fluval Spec and I absolutely loove love love it. You can't literally hear a thing from it. It is the quietest tank I've ever had in my life. And then on top of that, I'm using Tetra Whisper 10....AHHHH feels so nice to sleep without any interruptions.
I like the Spec and am considering it to replace my desktop mini tank at work. I just get caught up with the price, it is just as much as the 5gal chi
Old 12-31-2010, 04:11 PM   #17 
fflores

Old 01-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #18 
Grundylady

I really love the look of your Chi tank. I just went ahead and ordered the 6.6 Gallon chi and I am so excited for it to come in.

Are your plants plastic or real? Are you still liking the tank now a week later?

This is going to be my first tank and my first betta....I was hoping to have two female bettas but after some reading on this site I think I may go another route.

Any suggestions for a small community tank would be welcome.
Grundylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #19 
fflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundylady View Post
I really love the look of your Chi tank. I just went ahead and ordered the 6.6 Gallon chi and I am so excited for it to come in.

Are your plants plastic or real? Are you still liking the tank now a week later?

This is going to be my first tank and my first betta....I was hoping to have two female bettas but after some reading on this site I think I may go another route.

Any suggestions for a small community tank would be welcome.

Thanks for asking, i was actually going to post about the tank so for.

So i have had it up and running for a few days now....

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=58918

here are my thoughts on the tank so far.

1. I have had to top off the tank nearly every other day since filling it as the evaporation is kind of a problem. I hope i can control that a little better once i make a top for the tank.

2. Though the lighting is dramatic, especially when everything else in the room is turned off, as a light for fishes, it just quite doesn't do the job. It is a design/position. Since the light in at the bottom the of the filter and the filter is partly submerged into the water. I would approx about 30% of the tank (top portion and some of the side) isn't lit well enough... If the fishes hover in the top 30% of the tank, you basically do not get to see them.

3. I do like when i turn off the light and have all the other lights in the room off also, there is a single led that shines up thru the fountain section and glimmers on the celling. Kind of cool.

Overall, the Chi is a nicely built tank, but it would probably be better suited to be a shrimp tank or a guppies as they are much more active. Its seems like its more of a tank to show of the style of the tank rather then the fish. Which is fine, i would consider using 2 of them as home decor pieces rather then focusing them as fish tanks. I'm glad i didn't buy another one and when with a standard 20 long tank for the next set up.

Hope this helps anyone that is thinking of using this tank.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #20 
Jupiter

I just love Fluval tanks, especially the Fluval Ebi. I see it at some Petstores with a NPT shrimp setup, and it's stunning. If I had the money, I would definitely got one...but they're just too expensive! I can barely afford regular tanks, lol.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote