Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2010, 11:24 PM   #21 
Busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyFish84 View Post
Vay - Ya it takes like 30 minutes to warm up and adjust to the environment, you can raise the settings all to 10 except signal timeout (keep at 1) & it will weed out terrestrial noise. :)
Like ET or something?
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #22 
vaygirl

Yeah, once it got past all that it got very quiet. A little while ago it said fireplace. My neighbor has one but then, a lot of people do. The one thing I did find a bit creepy is that in all it's chatter (before it warmed up, so take it with a grain of salt) only one name showed up and that was Joe. My neighbor on the other side (named Joe) died in a pretty horrific car accident about a year and a half ago.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #23 
fflores

Lol....
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:21 AM   #24 
JaspersANGEL

I was curious, and love all that is paranormal, so I just downloaded it and honestly right now I think it's a waste.

It said a couple of words that are meaningful, but I'd still like to know more how it works.
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #25 
vaygirl

I think it will be much more useful if you keep a log. I let it go overnight and it was quiet for hours. Then around 2 in the morning it started registering things. When I noticed the times, something was happening every 5 minutes or so. I'm sure that's environmental and you'd certainly have to keep nightly logs to know what's normal in your environment and what's not normal. As a tool, used that way, I think it could be fun.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #26 
CrankyFish84

Is it Ok to leave the device on all night? I just worry the battery or memory or whatnot (I'm not good with technology lol) will burn up. I want to try to do a log though...
I am taking it to St Augustine in 2 weeks...Which is a super haunted city & I had "something"
breath on my neck & say "hey" in my ear last time I was there! Freaky!
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #27 
Luimeril

ohhhhh... that's creepy! x-x i couldn't own something like that. o.o it's bad enough i have a spirit that followed me home when i visited my grandfather's grave on Thanksgiving. >.> they might start leaking my info to whoever's around!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #28 
vaygirl

I leave mine on all the time. It's been on all morning and not saying much. It said two things at 2:24 but they had the same second interval of something else that was registering last night at exactly 32 seconds on the minute and then 58 seconds on the minute. I chalk that up to something in my condo or someone's condo. Since then it's been very quiet. Hasn't made a peep.

I went to bed with it at 100% power and when I woke up it was at 50%. I don't think it would get too hot. I've noticed these things don't seem to generate much heat. I guess if you were worried about it you could stand it up instead of laying it down. I did have to cover it with a cloth though. They say you can make it dim. I can't seem to do that with it. :/
Old 12-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #29 
vaygirl

Okay so I'll add to the creep factor. It's been quiet since 2pm. The name 'Betsy' just popped out. My Grandmother's name is Betsy and so is her daughter. This is notable because my Dad, her son, was killed in a car accident in 2000 and I know if anyone wanted to get through to me, he'd be the one.

You know, I kept thinking maybe it's keeping track of what we're browsing or listening to what we say but my iPad has no mic and I can honestly tell ya'll that my Nana has no tech and isn't mentioned anywhere on the thing. In fact, I don't talk to her much at all, much to her irritation. So, more fodder for 'weird'.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #30 
FuulieQ

I bought it to amuse myself, and it keeps interrupting my conversations and agreeing with my mother.

I was sitting at the TV with my Mom, and it said "Parent possibly angry". I was like... "Mom? Are you mad at me?" She said she wasn't, so she took the mail and trash cans in so my Dad would be happy when he got home. xD
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote