Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #41 
vaygirl

When I was a much younger girl, I worked as a babysitter for a family who had a ghost in their house. It wasn't a very active ghost but it was very pranky when it was active. For the most part I'd undo what 'he' did without comment. I think that helped keep the activity down.

The thing he did the most was turn the exhaust fan on over the oven. It happened at least a couple times a week. Never when I was in the house though. I was always outside smoking or sitting by the pool. I'd just come in and shut it off. My boss used to hear it whispering or calling her name. She'd run upstairs and lock herself in her bedroom. I think that's why she was targeted. She used to freak out.

I only actually saw it once. And in fact, according to my boss, I was the only one to ever see it. Really, I had no time to be scared. I didn't know what I'd seen until after it was gone. I thought it was one of the kids because it was child size and peeking around a corner. I found all three kids watching TV when I turned around and went back in the den.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #42 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
When I was a much younger girl, I worked as a babysitter for a family who had a ghost in their house. It wasn't a very active ghost but it was very pranky when it was active. For the most part I'd undo what 'he' did without comment. I think that helped keep the activity down.

The thing he did the most was turn the exhaust fan on over the oven. It happened at least a couple times a week. Never when I was in the house though. I was always outside smoking or sitting by the pool. I'd just come in and shut it off. My boss used to hear it whispering or calling her name. She'd run upstairs and lock herself in her bedroom. I think that's why she was targeted. She used to freak out.

I only actually saw it once. And in fact, according to my boss, I was the only one to ever see it. Really, I had no time to be scared. I didn't know what I'd seen until after it was gone. I thought it was one of the kids because it was child size and peeking around a corner. I found all three kids watching TV when I turned around and went back in the den.
sounds like the house I grew up in lol there was alot of paranormal activity and most of it spooked me out. The only spirit that felt comforting was from my family cat Snowball who passed away from cancer. I seen his spirit many times.
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #43 
CrankyFish84

AWWW Man...I wish my past beloved pets would visit me. :( I miss them all. But I hope
they are all happy, we gave them good burials & planted a pretty tree over them all.

My friend & I went to a very nice cemetery (not scary, peaceful & smelled like flowers) today.
It was overcast & sprinking, so we couldn't walk around with our recording equipment....We found a mousaleum & went inside for 10 minutes, just observing the ornate graves & wondering
about the symbols on people's stones. His ear immediately started ringing, and my whole body felt charged with energy/tingly. Again, not scary, just different.

We sat & asked if anybody friendly would like to sing, talk, or interact with us, they are welcome to & thanked anyone for trying.

On playback at home...We can hear clear as a bell, old timey PIANO music & birds chirping (as if inside the building) for about 30 seconds. I'm cleaning it up on a program called "Audacity"... still figuring it out & my headphones suck :( I'll definitely be investigating again. :)
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #44 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyFish84 View Post
AWWW Man...I wish my past beloved pets would visit me. :( I miss them all. But I hope
they are all happy, we gave them good burials & planted a pretty tree over them all.

My friend & I went to a very nice cemetery (not scary, peaceful & smelled like flowers) today.
It was overcast & sprinking, so we couldn't walk around with our recording equipment....We found a mousaleum & went inside for 10 minutes, just observing the ornate graves & wondering
about the symbols on people's stones. His ear immediately started ringing, and my whole body felt charged with energy/tingly. Again, not scary, just different.

We sat & asked if anybody friendly would like to sing, talk, or interact with us, they are welcome to & thanked anyone for trying.

On playback at home...We can hear clear as a bell, old timey PIANO music & birds chirping (as if inside the building) for about 30 seconds. I'm cleaning it up on a program called "Audacity"... still figuring it out & my headphones suck :( I'll definitely be investigating again. :)
He was the only animal that ever visited me after his passing. He use to come to me in dreams also. I remember many times waking up and swearing that he was not dead and he was still alive. It was so real....eventually when reality set in and I realized I was dreaming the longing for him started again but deep down I still thought he was alive
Old 01-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #45 
vaygirl

I've always wanted to investigate that stuff. Mainly because of working for Corrine in that house. I think once you see something like that, you're always looking for answers. Or trying to prove you're not crazy as a loon.

When we first moved into this house, a handful of mornings I woke up in an absolute panic because it felt like something was shoving me down into my mattress and I couldn't move. I have never been that terrified, even now. I've since learned that's something that happens to a lot of people called sleep paralysis. I thought I was being tormented by an evil ghost. Hehe. Sometimes it's not paranormal at all.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #46 
CrankyFish84

Vay - Yes I've had sleep paralysis too, a few years ago when I was very stressed out & things were rough at home. It's soooo scary & feels like someone sitting on your chest or choking you...and you can't scream even though you try...I think it's the same chemical in your brain that causes Deja Vu feelings...the right/left brain having a technical malfunction. lol

I got some phantom piano music @ a local cemetery a few days ago! And it was totally silent
there. I didn't even have to "clean up" the recording like most EVPs require to be audible.
I don't like those whispery EVPs, if it takes too much work to clean up, I toss it.
Next time I'll kindly ask the spirits to shout loudly :)
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #47 
tsoto80

One or two times I woke up gasping for air. I could swear someone took the breath outta me! I do want answers for many things. I will never discredit anything especially if I had actually experience with something. If the reason comes up to be rational Im okay with that too. :)
Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #48 
CodeRed

I really want to try this out at my Dad's. Supposedly an Indian woman was scalped in his front yard a long, long time ago (the house is from the 1800's, I believe). The house has always had a creepy, "haunted" feel to it, like you're always being watched. I believe it's haunted, though I've never experienced anything myself because I was rarely there. Anything that might've been paranormal I probably convinced myself otherwise, lol. I don't like that house at all.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #49 
Luimeril

i lived in a trailer on some super old property for almost 10 years. there was a few spirits there, but they never harmed us, or played any real pranks on us. the most we'd get was a glimpse, a whisper, a touch. one day, though, i was playing Playstation and had a cereal bowl in front of me. the thing tipped over, without me touching it. x-x then, there was the time i saw a ghost. it looked like a white flame with a very peeved off "jack-o-lantern"-like face.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #50 
vaygirl

Sometimes you can convince yourself it's nothing. The kids I babysat were not supposed to be told about it. But my being a 19 year old doofus, I eventually told them. Besides having 'him' knock a box over abd seeing him peek around a corner I remember the biggest thing he ever did. He never did ANYTHING right in front of you. It was always when you were in another room.

The kids and I were downstairs and we heard a loud bang come from the second floor. I had told them by then and they wouldn't go up and look. I honestly didn't think it was anything paranormal. I went up to Michael's room and found his shadow box, that had been hanging on the wall, on the floor. It was probably 8 feet from where it had been hanging. The wire on the back of it wasn't broken and the hook was still on the wall. Something would have had to lift it off the hook and toss it to get it that far. I think if that would have happened right in front of me, I may have run from the room.... I may have been screaming. But honestly I think that's why he DIDN'T do it in front of you. He was a considerate guy.

The other interesting thing about this was that my Mom and Dad owned a house in the same neighborhood in DE when I was a baby and they both told me, my whole life, that house had been haunted.