Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2011, 12:54 AM   #21 
scootshoot

Sorry to hear you had to separate your betta....

I have 3 platy's, 1 male betta and 5 ghost shrimp in my 14. Changing portions of water everyday as I am doing the fish in cycle. It's been close to 2 weeks and looking good.

My male had killed off the 3 ghost shrimp in his previous 5 gallon home, with his roomier quarters now he ignores the new set of ghost shrimp so I guess he just needed elbow room. He shows aggression and chases off the platy's only during feeding time. Like humans, I am in the mindset the larger the variety of foods the better for their health long term. The great thing about my community setup thus far is the fact the male betta no longer is picky about food. When he was solo he only touched Hikari Betta pellets and bloodworms, in the community setup he now devours brine shrimp, Daphnia, Plankton and the occasional flakes....
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #22 
SwimmySwam

Glad to hear that your betta is doing well :)

Actually, I'm planning to add the betta back in. He seemed a bit depressed when I took him out. The only reason he's separated now is because my brother wants some of my pregnant platies' fry to survive.

I'm kinda worried about my betta, though. He's not eating ): Maybe he's too distracted by my other fish?
SwimmySwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #23 
SwimmySwam

I feel stupid now that I realized why my betta hasn't eaten much lately; I've started feeding him every day instead of once every 2-3 days. I guess he's a little full whenever I feed him.
SwimmySwam is offline   Reply With Quote