Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #11 
Sweeda88

I LOVE the plants. Where did you get them?
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #12 
CodeRed

The plants came from a place called Pet Supplies "Plus". They were like... 15 for the right most three, and 11 for the left most 3. A lot of money, but they're tall enough to fill up the tank and I just love the colors. I'm thinking about picking up another pack of 11 dollar ones.

I'm going to a fish-in Cycle. I know it's not really suggested, but this boy had been living in a 1 gallon tank for a year. He's a tough boyo who's been through heck and high water, and of all my fish I'm confident he can pull through without a problem. I know what you mean about the height, though. I REALLY wanted a 10 gallon, but it was 10 bucks more! It's tall, but he seems to be having no problems so far. Plus his plants are tall enough that he can sleep in them and be able to reach the surface without a problem. I might make it into a sorority, where the girls wouldn't have as much of a problem. No big finned fish for this tank.
I'm changing the bulbs ASAP. Even though I'm growing to like how it looks, I don't want the heat problems. For the plants it isn't a problem, but I'd like to look at my fish without worrying I'm going to cook them. I'm going to get them tomorrow.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:53 PM   #13 
sjones

let me know what kind of bulbs you get, i think I'm going to go get that tank tomorrow! I agree on the plants being tall enough to sleep in. I'm also thinking of getting a lot of terracota pots and breaking them and sanding them down with sandpaper, the big ones make really great arches when broken, my guts love to swim through them, and it'll give them some height too..
now i just need to find out if i can cycled with just an ammonia test kit..
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:56 PM   #14 
Jupiter

Great deal CR! Love the tank too-he really seems to be enjoying it too.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:15 PM   #15 
CodeRed

Actually, one of the plants actually sticks out of the water, LOL. It's HOOJ. He loves to swim through it. Your terracotta pot idea sounds good! I'm trying to think up something creative to design the tank with, but I'm failing ^_^
And Thanks Jupiter. He's definitely loving it. I feel so guilty for keeping him in a one gallon now that I'm seeing how much he's loving the big tank. I almost feel guilty considering dividing it... LOL.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:47 AM   #16 
Bettame

That's cool. I got the same tank for my fiance's B-day present. He just started to cycle it yesterday. Have you tried the heater? I'm not sure if it works well. The one we got didn't have numbers on it, just a "+" and "- on it. And you're right the bulb does seem to be warm. I think I need to change those also for the hornwort. Yeah I got him that gift so he can have his mollies in there instead of my divided betta fish tank. (More room for me to have new bettas!) The 14 gal special package seemed a little different than when I got a 10 gallon deluxe special. But then again I paid around $20-30 more for 10 gallonn compared to the 14 gallon. Well, good luck with your fishy.
Bettame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:58 AM   #17 
CodeRed

I'm working on the heater, but terrified of it to be honest. With no specific numbers I'm scared I'm going to wake up with a cooked fish =/
Old 12-29-2010, 12:13 PM   #18 
sjones

yup that's a little creepy although I have heard these kind of heaters do work.. hmm
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #19 
CodeRed

Got the pots! I've decided.... to make it into a sorority -shotshotshot- Poor Taibaby, but he's still going into a ten gallon (: This'll free up my two tanks with my girlies, and it'll be about the same maintenance as if it was divided with two boys. Now comes the joy of finding 3 more girls and putting them in <33 I'm excited. I've always wanted a sorority, I can't believe it's happening 8D

Edit: Forgot the pics... LOL.

Still with the bad lights, getting the new ones tomorrow:

And how it WILL look with the new lights:
Old 12-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #20 
Betta Slave

The girls are going to love that tank 8D
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote