Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #81 
Jupiter

Brought out my gallon tupperware for Albatross' hosptial tank, added some BWE and salt to it.

I also did a 50% WC for the new boy's 1 gallon tank and gave him a bit of BWE as well.

Now I'm waiting for the heater in Albatross' hospital tank to adjust so I can put him in, clean the 5 gallon he's in, and put in another betta.

Hope he mends, though. He's not looking good at this point.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #82 
Aluyasha

Sorry to hear about Albatross, Jupiter. :( I hope he gets better.

Today I bought some blue coffee mugs and put them in Caligula and Gyger's divided tank. I also switched out a small plant Stahl had, gave him a bigger one, and gave the little one to Caligula.
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:23 AM   #83 
LittleBettaFish

I did heaps of betta things today. Firstly, I picked up eight 3 gallon tanks I had on ordered from the LFS. I also bought a new heater and planted the crypts that got delivered while I was at work, and did my usual daily water changes. However, probably the most exciting thing was buying a new halfmoon from the same LFS that I ordered my tank from.

I'd been wanting him for about a month or so and he was always sitting there on the shelf when I went. Then one day he disappeared from the main shelf and I thought he had gotten sold until he popped up in the 'damaged fin section'. I got $10.00 off him and he's currently living on my bedside table until I get my big shelving unit.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #84 
vaygirl

I did 50% water changes on my 5 gallon betta tanks. I also added a handful of ceramic rings to Wraith's filter and a little milk pitcher for him to hide in/check out. So far he won't go into it but he's eyeballing every inch of the pattern. I'm making IAL extract too. Tomorrow is everyone else's water changes!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #85 
Bettaluver4evr

Congrats on your new betta! I did 50% water changes on my CT 1 gallon flitered tank and my HM 1.5 gallon filtered/heated tank. I gave them both new tank ornaments, and took out my CT's plant. I put some betta bulbs in my VT's 1.2 gallon vase, hope they grow! And I taught my HM how to play follow the finger. He looooooves that game! He's very good at it. Hehe. Aah, a good betta day.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #86 
Jupiter

Thanks.

Did another small WC for my boy's tank today. Did a huge water change in the 5 gallon, redecorated it, and am currently floating my new girl in there.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #87 
fleetfish

Going to feed the sorority, always fun! They've gotten to the point where they know me enought to come up and nibble fingers ... ah love! No squabbles since I added the seventh girl, Dis.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #88 
Aluyasha

I just fed my Bettas...all together 14 pellets and a pinch of flakes for Abacus. That is alot of food!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #89 
Betta Slave

I can't stop watching Cass (finally) flare... he's so cute. Goes racing around the tank, hides behind his vase, comes back to the mirror and does the same thing all over again.

Did a waterchange or two, made sure everyone was happy.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #90 
Aluyasha

I just brought home my 9th Betta, Darcia. I also got Mandala a new cave (a blue mug), and fixed Cannibal Johnson's filter.