Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #1 
HarleyRigid

Your opinion on tank quality?

Hello my friends,

Just wanted to ask an opinion from you. As I am a noob and still know very little I am wondering if you could tell me if an Aqua One AR380 is a good tank? It is second hand and comes with a colour coded Aqua One stand and is advertised for $120 Australian. I have googled it and brand new retails for about $290 Australian. The advert page quotes:

Aqua One Aqua Style 380 Aquarium
The Aqua One aquarium range also caters for the intermediate fish keeper, wishing to upgrade from their first starter aquarium. As an intermediate fish keeper, you have more options in which fish you feel most confident in keeping, and also in larger quantities. This generally will require the need for a bigger aquarium to accommodate for the types of species you wish to keep.

Each aquarium set offers seamless viewing without distortion, impeccable lighting systems that allow you more control over the way you light your aquarium and a stylish aquarium stand.

The built in light unit incorporates a PL lamp. PL lamps now offer dual spectrum lighting for a brighter, clearer aquarium.

The top filter comes complete with a Carbon Cartridge, Biological Sponge and Ceramic Noodles. The Carbon Cartridge also incorporates filter wool to filter out the finer solid particles.

Aquarium dimensions: 38w x 46h x 25d cm
Aquarium capacity: 34 litres
Aquarium lighting: 1 x 11W PL lamps
Cabinet dimensions: 38w x 72h x 25d cm

Your opinions please?

Item also comes with heater and assorted chemicals.
Attached Images

HarleyRigid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #2 
HarleyRigid

Anybody?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #3 
Oldfishlady

I have never personally had one like that, however, awesome looking tank.....I would snag it in a second if I had the chance......lol......is it glass or acrylic? you may have posted that and I just missed it......

If you like it and have the cash to spend on it....I say go for it.....but this is only based on my opinion of how it looks....not if it is a good quality tank or not...34 liter is about 9 gallons...correct.....what are your stocking plans if you get it?

Last edited by Oldfishlady; 12-29-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #4 
HarleyRigid

Hi Fishlady. Its a curved glass front so no corners/joins and you are correct, it comes in at just under 9 gallons. No real stocking plans yet, we were given a bum steer at the pet store on our first Betta tank (ended up with 1/2 gallon) so I am just working on getting 'Rocky" some new digs as soon as possible without blowing the budget. Substrates and decorations may have to wait a little while. I have also posted another thread about a 4ft... i think its 75 gallon tank if you would like to check that out.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #5 
Cravenne

That is more suitable for a single Betta IMO..nice looking tank. I assume it's used and that's why you're concerned about quality?
I love the kits, personally..especially if the price is right. I do tend to put a larger filter on all my tanks to make sure the water quality is perfect..that's just me though. For instance..a 10G kit that comes with the filter..I'd buy a bigger filter for it.
I'm used to keeping Cichlids and being guilty of overstocking on occasion. Extra filtration is always my main concern.

However..that tank with your handsome Betta in it would be perfect! much better than the one in your other post for a single betta boy.
Actually, it would look really great in my kitchen..lol.
Cravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #6 
HarleyRigid

Not so much worried about it being a 2nd hand item, that boils down to buyer beware. Was more interested in if other members had used kit tanks or if it is a reputable brand etc. Kinda trying to guage whether these kit tanks are actually a workable option or if they are just a mish mash pile of crap stuck together to separate noobs from their hard earned.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #7 
HarleyRigid

I am putting the hard word on the seller lol. He wants $120 so of course I offered him $40 to see if he was interested. My 2nd bid is $80, would love to pick it up for that price. Has light, filter, pump and a few extra pieces of 'furniture'. I think it also comes with some chems.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #8 
HarleyRigid

Lol after all that I payed full price. $120 I think it is worth it but a bit of a haggle is always good for the soul lol
Old 12-31-2010, 07:38 AM   #9 
LeroyTheBetta

Harley, nice tank, I think I even looked at that one (same listing) just a few days ago....... causing my husband's eyes to roll back into his head. I bought a very similar tank (ebay) about 3 weeks ago and I love it! I can't say anything about the quality of these types of set-ups, I'm also a newbie to all things fish.

Good luck with your new tank!
LeroyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:59 AM   #10 
wallywestisthebest333

Wow that looks great! :D As long as you clean everything and set the tank up correctly I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. =]

Your boy will love his new home! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote