Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #1 
Kazzy

Bettas at Walmart :(

The walmart near me hasn't sold bettas in years and when I went in there last night they've started selling them again. The poor guys only have about an inch of water in their sad little cups. Do you think complaining will make a difference? Anyone else try to do this?
Kazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #2 
Tsuhei

Complaining does make a difference...try to put it in writing and make sure what you are saying is well thought out.

Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. ~William James
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #3 
Luimeril

i complained when mine did. wrote a long e-mail, detailing what i'd seen, what was wrong, and how i had to rescue one betta who some kid plopped in another betta's cup. i must have looked odd, sitting on the floor with two betta cups in front of me, cussing up a storm and dipping my hands in the nasty water to scoop out a fish, but i did it. i would have bought the little guy, too, if i had the money. or, rather, i would have cussed out the manager and demanded him for free or discount.

the next day, the manager called me, apologizing his head off, and conditions improved for a while. a few weeks later, i went back, and things were just as bad, if not worse, and the little guys looked to be on death's doorstep. a week later, they hadn't gotten anymore in, and haven't since.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #4 
Kazzy

I'll work on an email to send then.
Luimeril, that's awful! People really need to watch their kids. I work security at a mall and deal with that on a daily basis sadly.
Kazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #5 
AngelicScars

I would complain. At the very least you'll be informing and bringing it to their attention that things are bad and people DO notice.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:43 PM   #6 
Luimeril

yup. i had an old man look at me funny, but i didn't care. i'll be the first to cuss up a storm if a betta's in trouble. did so at the pet store i applied to, and got a betta who had this huge ball of mold growing in his cup for free(i'd thought it was white cotton fungus growing ON him). he's not a very healthy, happy, though shy CT named Zidane.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote