This has to be one of the most difficult bettas I have ever had...
I have successfully fed him twice - once yesterday and barely today.
Yesterday I fed him 3 pellets...it took 20 minutes.
Today, I fed him 2 pellets and one bloodworm...it took half an hour.
He seems to ignore and refuse food...even bloodworms...it took about 5 minutes to choke a small one down. -_-
It also appears that he is bloating from such a minimal amount of food...scales aren't sticking up...I properly acclimated him..has an IAL in his water...parameters are relatively close to that of his shipping water..
So he has:
1. a scale missing from his side
2. scales missing from his head
3. both ventral fins are damaged, bruised, and curled
4. dorsal has a 1mm chunk out of the edge
6. looks like possible popeye coming up
7. it appears that he is WILD. He acts like a wild fish...darts away from people and whatnot..refuses food I'm feeding...floating or with forceps. His demeanor is wild...yet curious...approaches my finger, pauses, and DARTS away. It is apparent that there has been little human interaction...
This is driving me nuts...I contacted the seller and all he said to me was "he needs to be at 82.3ºF" without another word. I'm extremely unhappy with this. -_-
EDIT: I also requested more pictures about a week before he was shipped. He kept saying he would send some but never, ever did (very fishy..the picture he sent me wasn't completely showing his body, so it was only logical for me to ask for more, right?). In fact, he changed transhippers on my three times. I don't think I will ever buy from this guy again...this is ridiculous.