Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #1 
JD3P

Walmart complaints!

Okay so I went to walmart tonight and decided to check the pet section, of course lol. Idk how it looks at any of your local stores but the one near me is a disaster. I'll post below what I wrote to them. I ended up sending them three separate complaints. One to feedback, one to store products and lastly to the ethics department (which requires an actual response or so it says.)

I'm considering going back tomorrow to ask for a manager just so I can complain again. It's not like I'm an annoying customer who is complaining about soap or something...this is a living thing and it just gets on my last nerve that places are allowed to do these types of things >=O

So I was just thinking maybe there is someway we can all get our thoughts out and written complaints together and bombard walmart at the same time...lol. Or any other effective way of getting this through to them. Feel free to add your own observations about what you've seen at this place.

My Complaint:

"I was browsing the pet section at your store and came across your selection of betta fish. The entire area (a sink) where they are being kept is a complete mess. All of the fish are crowded in a black hole in the wall above the sink. The fish do not have enough water and the containers they are kept in do not have a hole at the top for air. This type of fish requires a small amount of oxygen to survive. And there was clearly a dead fish in one of the cups which no one cared to remove. Which only leads me to believe that no one actually bothers to check on these fish. They are crowded and no one can even pull one off the shelf without risking knocking another cup over. And as I said the area is in complete darkness and well above eye level, so no one can actually see them. Whatever fish I could see in the front looked sick and in need of medication. I find this disappointing and disgusting, if you cannot manage to hire an employee who cares enough to at LEAST check on these fish maybe you should not be stocking them. I understand people disregard a pet fish as having any significance. But considering this is the "ethics" section I think it should be taken into consideration before being dismissed, they are after all living things."

PS -I'm really not a crazy person, I just think someone needs to speak up for change. Even if it's "just a fish".

Last edited by JD3P; 12-29-2010 at 10:45 PM.
JD3P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #2 
fflores

my complaint is that you went to walmart... the only way that they will stop selling fish is to stop buying from them. How many times do you read on this site that "oh walmart has a kit for $XX" if they can't make money on a product, they will stop carrying the product.
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:59 PM   #3 
JD3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflores View Post
my complaint is that you went to walmart... the only way that they will stop selling fish is to stop buying from them. How many times do you read on this site that "oh walmart has a kit for $XX" if they can't make money on a product, they will stop carrying the product.
I have never purchased a betta or equipment from walmart, I was simply looking at them out of curiosity and was making a statement of what I came across....
JD3P is offline   Reply With Quote