Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #1 
wised

New Tank for Betta :)

I got myself a 18liter (4.7 gallon) tank with one betta in it a lava rock for him to swim through and a plastic plant with a water pump and heater which is ----- 22-24C (62-64F)degrees.

I would like to add other things in there like my baby albino pleco if not that some snails, shrimp but i want the betta be happy with whatever tankmate i give him, what advice could you give me.
wised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #2 
puppyrjjkm

We'd love to see pictures! Plecos get far too big for a 4.7 gal tank, actually they need 50+ gallons to grow to their true size. Snails or shrimp (such as ghost shrimp) would be a great tankmate for your betta. Depending on your bettas temperment he may eat the shrimp! But it really just depends. Good luck with your new tank!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #3 
wised

thank you puppyrjjkm i have uploaded my betta tank pics just need to upload my other tank pics... For the tank mates of the betta i'm thinking of looking into shrimp as you said have to find out what kind of temperment my betta has..:) thank you for the advice
wised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #4 
Sweeda88

I have read that you shouldn't use lava rocks in Betta tanks because their fins can get caught and torn by them too easily. Just keep an eye on it.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #5 
small fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
I have read that you shouldn't use lava rocks in Betta tanks because their fins can get caught and torn by them too easily. Just keep an eye on it.
Yeah, my sister had a fake lava rock (from Walmart) in her 5g with some live-bearers. It is pretty scratchy. I would imageine that a betta could easily get its fins ripped.
small fry is offline   Reply With Quote