Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #1 
monroe0704

International Purchase Problem

I am at a complete loss of what could happen... Here's the story: I worked with banleangbettas on AB to add another betta to my order that was shipping out a while back. We agreed on a price and he packaged it up and sent it to me. The betta was bid only at the time and the breeder asked me to continue putting the high bid for show only. Well... the auction is nearly over, and there's one person that REALLY wants this betta. I am still the high bid, but now it's sitting at $300!!! Ok, I was not interested in paying anywhere near that much for a betta. Can the breeder lawfully (they're in Thailand) demand the difference in what I paid and the auction closing price?? I have no idea why they couldn't just take the auction off AB before it got to this point.. perhaps when I was the only one who had bid on it... If he demands the difference (I honestly only paid $40 for it), can I just ignore him? Or can international law get me lol.. Gah, this is what I get for my under the table deals haha. Advice anyone?
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:12 AM   #2 
Malvolti

What international law states regarding this situation I have no idea, however from what I do know about the court systems in general you should be ok as long as you have the emails.

Basically most courts will accept the emails as a written contract (not notarized) between two parties. The emails have a signature (the senders unique email adress) and a date, same as any written contract.

The emails basically rid you of responsibility for any additional bids you made on the other persons demands.

But like I said, that is just my basic understanding. I don't know if there are loop holes, clauses or other things that may get in the way.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #3 
monroe0704

See that's what I was thinking.. I have all the emails stating the agreed upon price and what the seller requested I do after I purchased the fish... Now to track down Thai law huh lol.
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote