Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #1 
dukie1346

YAY! Ma and Pa shop in my city!

Okay, my grandma showed me an article in the newspaper about "Betta Boutique," a small shop that just opened a few days ago. This place is only like a 5 minute drive from where I live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vq5zEqONH4

I can not wait to check this place out! It seems like an awesome place for betta lovers!

I've attached the newspaper article. Doesn't it seem awesome?

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Kyra/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Kyra/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]
Attached Images

dukie1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #2 
Malvolti

Wow, that's fantastic.

I actually just went into a little mom and pop shop in my home town while I'm home for the holidays and they had bettas. I was shocked to see each betta was in one of the ten gallons with the other fish and not in little cups. I talked to the owner and she said "Yeah, I love bettas. I keep mine in my community tank at home so why not do the same here".

I was also shocked to see her selling Dragons, Dalmations and other patterns I never see elsewhere. She told me "I actually go to the same breeder as all the PetsMarts in Ontario but I know the guy so he gives me first pick and his best picks."

AND they carry Hikari Bio-Gold for 2.99 a pack, nobody else in Ontario that I've been to does. I am definitely shopping there more often. They also do a rewards card which is uncommon for small shops but they've been around forever so they probably get good business.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:43 PM   #3 
CodeRed

I'm astounded. Look at how happy and healthy and alert they all are. What an amazing place. I want to move there ASAP. Can I work there? I've got a dream job now. Thanks, LOL.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #4 
Red Crane

Nice video. Thanks!
When I was a kid (over 50 years ago) I bought my fish from a lady who sold them in her living room. I would go by her house on my way home from school.
Red Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #5 
JKfish

Oh my gosh, that is literally a dream come true. *drools* This is pretty much the type of store I dream of creating one day. You are so, so, so lucky to have that there... If you stop by there, tell them they pretty much have a whole website's support :D
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #6 
doggyhog

Jealous jealous jealous!!!

Good luck coming home without another betta!! Those were some nice HMPKs they had!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #7 
fflores

I might consider making a trip up from chicago
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #8 
Jupiter

WOW! I went to go there now! Wish we had stores like that here-that's great. I'd only buy from that store if they were here.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #9 
Sweeda88

I've always thought it would be a good idea to sell a Betta with all the things it needs. That's a great idea!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #10 
Torat

Oh, holy cow. I live maybe 5 minutes away, too. How do I not know about this store already? Definitely goin' to visit - tomorrow, if they're open!

Edit: They're not open tomorrow :{ Goin' Tuesday!

Last edited by Torat; 01-01-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Update
Torat is offline   Reply With Quote