Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #1 
MomokoCove

I feel like everything I eat is poisoned

I keep thinking about if somebody poisoned my and that I could die even if I made it myself.I think about if the people who made just put poison in this ONE packet.I even ordered a whole meal from McDonald's and one little comment from my friend made me stop and throw it away because nothing tasted good after that.I ate two Entenmann's donuts and started on another after having a chocolate and powdered sugar one last night.So, I took two bites of a plain one just now and stopped.I drank some milk and walked back to my room.I'm tired of this especially because I'm hungry!I wish I was so paranoid. ) :
MomokoCove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #2 
AngelicScars

I would suggest going to see someone about it.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #3 
Tsuhei

Not trying to make you even more paranoid...but you can get poisoned from anything. Since you're stuck on food, you can get food poisoning as well from bacteria...now, I actually want you to focus on food poisoning...

Food bacteria which causes food poisoning CAN be killed before it makes you sick.

http://www.planetbotanic.ca/fact_sheets/ginger_fs.htm
http://www.boost-immune-system-natur...of-ginger.html

EAT GINGER!

It helps boost your immune system against "poison". Maybe if you eat some everyday (very, very good for you! I do it, in fact...haven't had the flu or a cold for 4 years so far) then you might feel more at ease?
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #4 
bloo97

Sounds like a good Idea!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #5 
vaygirl

I'm with Angelic. I think you should talk to someone about it. Once something gets to the point where it's negatively effecting your daily life, it's time to address it. You should get some help with your anxiety.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #6 
Sweeda88

I would go see someone about this. I have psychological problems too (not the same as yours, though), and it really helps to have support.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #7 
fleetfish

See a doctor about this, please! I also have anxiety problems and seeing someone about it has done miracles for me!

And yes, ginger is very good for you and soothes your tummy and does other amazing things like Tsuhei said. I either drink ginger root tea or eat a few pieces of candied ginger if I'm not feeling good. Even ginger ale will help a little. I also find eating unprocessed, whole foods work wonders on how you feel.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:04 AM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I agree with everyone. I would definitely see someone about this problem.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:47 AM   #9 
baylee767

This ginger thing sounds like a good idea... no flu or cold... no poisoning... it's like it's magical!

I agree with everyone else you should see someone about it. When I was younger I had some... problems... and after seeing someone it was no longer an issue.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #10 
BlueHaven

It's very frustrating and annoying when you can't really control that you have anxiety. BUT you can learn how to deal with it, which in turn lessens the anxiety and can even dissapear in time. :)
I'd say one thing you could try doing is making yourself do what you want anyway and prove that it's most likely not poisoned.
I do this with my OCD. Or I try to and it's been getting better.
Once before, I noticed that I was beginning to always worry of shutting the door and one of the pets would get stuck in it, so I would check before shutting the door and then check again if anything did happen. I forced myself to stop and now I don't do it anymore.
But sometimes you just can't get past it!
I do agree with everyone else here.
Try to rationalize with yourself too, cognative behavioral therapy.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote