Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #31 
LittleBettaFish

I got them from an Australian supplier, but they are the DoAqua brand. They are a cheaper alternative to the ADA range of tanks, which I know a couple of online companies distribute in America.

Here's my big 3 foot tank. It's going to house a group of Betta Uberis in the future, but now it's just sitting on the floor because it weighs forty kilograms with nothing in it and I can't shift the thing!

The glass is 1cm thick. The downside of rimless tanks is that the glass is thicker and so they're heavier than tanks with rims and braces.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #32 
vaygirl

Wow, OFL I love your wild look. In your guppy tank, what are those long grass-like plants in the background? I need something to fill out my 16.

Everyone has GORGEOUS tanks! I took all new pics today. All of mine are a big mess except Wraith's. His actually looks planned. :P

Kilo... You can see how monstrously huge he's gotten. That's a 10 gallon tank!

Tango, showing off for the camera as usual. I'm in the process of replacing the lights on all these hex 5s with 6500k. The bulbs they came with are 4500k.

Wraith, I tried to make his look tropical? I dunno. Hehe.

Logan! He made a lil bubble nest this morning! You can just see it between the thermometer and the water lettuce. Looks like a white line.

Endler/Corydoras tank. You can see lots of Endler's but no corys. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #33 
JD3P

Thanks, I'll keep the name of the brand in mind. I think I'd like something like that for a future tank.
JD3P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #34 
celine18

heres my 10 gallon. there's 3 cories in there somewhere. oh, vaygirl, those look like corckscrew vals to me. i have some, but they don't look that nice
celine18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #35 
Bettas143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex09 View Post
My tank:

1. Anacharis
2.Hygrophila
3 & 4. Java ferns
5. Pothos/Devil's Ivy
6. Arrowhead plant
7. Lucky Bamboo
8. More hygrophila

Nice panda platy=)
Bettas143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #36 
Alex09

OFL & Vaygirl: Stunning tanks! What is that floating plant with the feathery roots? I first thought it was hornwort lol. It looks very nice!
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #37 
vaygirl

It's mini water lettuce. I got it from some guy on ebay. The roots are even more gorgeous in person. They get water bubbles caught in them and they shimmer. It's like little fairy lights. I love them. They grow like crazy though. I have to pull a couple new ones out every few days. Here's what they look like up top:

Don't mind Logan guarding his TINY bubblenest. LOL!!!

Edit - Alex, I LOVE your tank. It looks so much more tidy then mine do. Major jealous. :P

Last edited by vaygirl; 01-02-2011 at 04:15 PM.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #38 
zelilaa

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly528 View Post
Great post! The mods really should pin that.

Jimi's Tank:

Wow~ That banana plant is amazing! Do you sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I've only got two 'real' planted tanks at the moment:

This first tank used to house what I thought was two females. But yesterday they were in together and one of them had built a bubblenest, and from the look of its fins and lack of egg spot I'm guessing it's actually a male.

This tank has a mixture of different types of Anubias and one remaining piece of narrow-leaf java fern.

This smaller tank is about 7 gallons, and has a mixture of Crypts (some of which have melted and been cut back) and Anubias.
The first tank looks beautiful only halfway filled up like that!
And also~ where you'd get teh wood for the 7 gallon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
It's mini water lettuce. I got it from some guy on ebay. The roots are even more gorgeous in person. They get water bubbles caught in them and they shimmer. It's like little fairy lights. I love them. They grow like crazy though. I have to pull a couple new ones out every few days. Here's what they look like up top:

Don't mind Logan guarding his TINY bubblenest. LOL!!!

Edit - Alex, I LOVE your tank. It looks so much more tidy then mine do. Major jealous. :P
Wow~ what's mini water lettuce? I'm getting frogbit~ but seeing how nice this looks and hearing about how fast it grows~ I'm going to have to look it up!
zelilaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #39 
Oldfishlady

Vaygirl-those are both sagittaria and vallisneria-some corkscrew, giants, jungle, italian

Floating plants with the long roots-water lettuce

Those are kinda old pics-and nearly every tank is stocked different now as far as fish species...that 25gal with the guppies is now a grow out for..you guessed it...Bettas...laffs.....the gold body fancy tail guppy are in the 55g with the BN albino long fin plecos, RCS and a few Bettas and the gray body fancy tail guppies in the 75g with about 40 Bettas, RCS and BN pleco...the 10g on the lower level stand is now a 20g and the 10g moved along with another 10g used for spawning Bettas, Neon tetra, long fin gold and/or silver Danios (not at the same time) with RCS in one 10g and the yellow color morph shrimp in the other......a lot more plants in all the tanks......right now I have 13 tanks planted like this and one 10g that is floating plants with sand and oak leaf substrate for the marble crayfish...I need to take some up-dated pic...laffs....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #40 
Busted

OFL your tanks are amazing :o I like the vallisneria is it easy to grow and find?
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquascape, plant, planted