Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #1 
baylee767

Exclamation Red eared slider!

OMG!

So apparently on Oahu, Kawaii, and the big island (Hawaii) red eared sliders were established when they grew too large and were released.

While I was at school, my parents found a young one (probably around 4-6 inches long) In our backyard. The poor guy was suffering terribly from the sudden drought, and flipped over onto his (or her) back. The poor guy/gal has two chips in his/her shell and there was some dried blood on the shell unter... IT'S neck. IT (saying he/she is getting annoying) is also not moving around much (we put it in a 18 gallon tub) My parents didn't tihnk of putting in water other than some in a little tiny dish. So I filled a little tupperware thing with just enough water to soak its belly so it doesn't dry out (plus it might drowned in its weakend state with any more water)

My parents are considering keeping it. If we do get to, We will probably have to buy another 55gallon tank or something (I haven't researched yet but I will in a minute) Hawaii is not kind to semi aquatic turtles.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #2 
laughing

Hawaii is not kind to a lot! ;)

By the way, how is Hawaii? Bf's fam lives over there and wondering how it's managing after the tsunami/earthquakes? Thankfully everyone is fine in his family! Phew!

Congrats on your new buddy, hope IT will survive and do okay. Get to the research fast so you know what needs to be done. Who knows, you might find some life saving knowledge for him!

Good luck!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:12 PM   #3 
baylee767

He died today )= Poor guy was just too injured.

Laughing: There are a little less japanese around here than usual, but other than that, everything is the exact same. It's a bit surprising, no radiation in the water, no panic, nothing. At least, not out on the streets (Haven't been downtown where all the action is since I got back)
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #4 
cjayBetta

awww poor little guy... I have 2 red ear sliders
cjayBetta is offline   Reply With Quote