Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #31 
Tsuhei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted View Post
Agreed with both those statements.

Anyway, could anyone give a rough idea on the cost of a simple solid black tattoo on a forearm, about a 6" x 4" of space. Never got one but I have always wanted one and never priced any. Oh, its also simple nothing complex.
It actually depends on the artist and where you get it, really. If it's simple and all black, depending on the amount of fill, I'd estimate the stencil to cost maybe $100 and the fill about $250 ish...and it's always courtesy to tip your artist. For my hip tattoo, I tipped my artist, Sam, $20 for a quick 30-40 minute session.
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #32 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayrideHaunter View Post
I got my first one started on new years eve 2009...I turned 18 that year (in october) and it was a gift from my parents! I'd been thinking about the design since 16, and it is my own work (i'm an art major XD)...anywho I have seven lotus flowers about 2.5" wide each going from just above my pants like to just below my neck/above my shoulder blades...theyre evenly spaced. I have a very low threshold for pain so i've been getting it done in small spurts...last week i got the outlines finally all touched up and finished. For now its just solid black outlines of the lotuses (about 4mm thick lines)

when I finally get to color, each lotus will be white with a yellow/orange center, and from the bottom up they will be outlined in the 7 colors:

V
I
B
G
Y
O
R

the colors/number/placing represents the 7 chakras, and the white lotuses represent divinity and the white universal light/energy...

people often ask me why theyre so plain or why i dont stagger them and add lilypads and such...its because if my chakras arent balanced, then I'm not balanced...in order for them to represent healthy chakras, they are in a straight, even line up my spine.
Are you Buddhist? I am. I want my next tattoo to be Manjushri taking up my whole back, but I cannot find a picture of him that I like...I also want Tibetan prayer flags on my neck that say 'Om Mani Padme Hum' To represent the problems going on in Tibet with China.
BTW, your tattoo sounds cool. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #33 
spangle

Hi
I have 4 tattoos and have to convince myself that that is enough. My first is a halo and angel wings on my arm, my 2nd is a champagne bottle with my doctors name as the label( had cancer a few years ago so was a celebration of my doctor who treated me and to celebrate being in remission, my third is a lotus flower on my shoulder blade and my last which i got 2 weeks ago is a sleeping angel on some flowers ( which is a sort of guardian angel to watch over me and in memory of my nan), this is on my other shoulder blade,didnt have my first tattoo until i was 38
spangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #34 
Aluyasha

You said you wanted pictures...(be warned)
I have 17 tattoos, here they are:
Frist one is a Gouldian Finch holding a 'J' representing my husband's name (upper right arm):

Then a Dharma wheel (top right wrist):

My ferret Lulu (R.I.P.), my sister did this one (lower right arm):

Korean lettering spelling out my favorite band, Done Bang Shin Ki (lower right arm), unfinished:

A kanji meaning 'knowledge' (under belly button):

A Koi, unfinished (left collar bone):

My left arm, covered in the paws of the Weasel family:

Closeups. Least Weasel:

Striped Skunk (before it was considered it's own group):

Mink:

River Otter:

Polecat:

Marten:

Badger:

Wolverine:

Tayra (really hard to take a picture of the back of my own arm):

I also have a tattoo in each ear, one is 'TVXQ' (another name for Dong Bang Shin Ki). And two blue dots like the ones ferrets have. :)
Sorry for the pic spam. :]
I also have two piercings, my left ear has a 0g (right one did too but never healed). And a lip ring on the left side.

Last edited by Aluyasha; 01-19-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: forgot piercings
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #35 
monroe0704

Wow! Quite a collection Aluyasha! I give props to all you with piercings. I couldn't do anything other than a belly button one which got really messed up with pregnancy haha.

I have one tattoo for now. I love music, classical is my favorite. It's a treasure that will stand the test of time and is unchanged... that's why I got it.

I plan to create an upper back piece that will incorporate all my favorite things, from Chinese to bettas :) I want it to hint at the outline of a cello so that people will be able to realize what my lower back piece is..

That's my hubby with a line of his favorite song Danse Macabre.
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #36 
HayrideHaunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
Are you Buddhist? I am. I want my next tattoo to be Manjushri taking up my whole back, but I cannot find a picture of him that I like...I also want Tibetan prayer flags on my neck that say 'Om Mani Padme Hum' To represent the problems going on in Tibet with China.
BTW, your tattoo sounds cool. :)

No, I'm spiritualist, though buddhism is involved. I do meditate and my family does reiki and we have spirit guides and such =3

tats sound awesome =D
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #37 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayrideHaunter View Post
No, I'm spiritualist, though buddhism is involved. I do meditate and my family does reiki and we have spirit guides and such =3

tats sound awesome =D
So your whole family is Spiritualist? That is cool. I am the only Buddhist in my family, they accept it but the problem for me is that they never know what I am talking about and do not get as excited as I do when I find a new Buddhist book or the Dalai Lama is visting my state. :)
Old 01-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #38 
HayrideHaunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluyasha View Post
So your whole family is Spiritualist? That is cool. I am the only Buddhist in my family, they accept it but the problem for me is that they never know what I am talking about and do not get as excited as I do when I find a new Buddhist book or the Dalai Lama is visting my state. :)
yep...dad mom and 6 year old brother...

aww thats a bummer
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #39 
danifacetastic

I don't have any tattoos but I was going to get one for my birthday (today) but now I'm waiting a few months. Right now I want a Green Day Kerplunk flower with rainbow petals on my ankle. I also want a rainbow heart grenade on my hip. I want something on my wrist but idk what yet.

I have 5 piercings in my ears. My bottom holes are gauged to a 16....I'm gonna go up to a 10. I got them pierced when I was in the 4th grade. I got the second set of holes done when I was in the 6th grade. I did the third hole on my left ear myself in the 7th grade.

And I'm getting my eyebrow pierced today! I'm so nervous.
danifacetastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #40 
amandiepants

http://www.bodyglitz.com/details.asp?PID=44
these are the tree of life plugs i found :)
amandiepants is offline   Reply With Quote