Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2010, 03:40 AM   #1 
TRISHIESfishie

Kings Apartment Tank

Ok so over the past couple of months I have come to realize my betta King is older. He started swimming around his tank and then would stay behind the filter, which is towards the top of his tank, for days. It freaked me out because he was barely swimming around and he seemed to get sickish after like 2 days behind the filter. So I went through the courses of treating him for 10 days in a qt cup. It was always the same, after a few days in the qt cup he was back to being lively, and then after a few days of being in the large aqaurium (3 gal) he would become lethargic and hiding behind the filter. I decided he needed a smaller tank. So King moved into a small critter keeper (dubbed his apartment) that I put inside the larger tank to keep it warm. Atleast every other day, sometimes everyday, I would let him swim around in the big tank (usually after I did a critter keeper water change). The water level inside the keeper and outside the keeper was like 2 inches below so he could not swim out of the keeper into the 3 gal tank. The keeper made the 3 gal tank like a maze and labrynth and King loved it. Then when he would start to get tired after a couple of hours, back into his apartment for the night. So I came up with this idea to fully submerge the apartment and in theory he can swim into the apartment when he is tired and back out when he wants to play. THIS WAS THE THEORY. And it worked! He has been in his newly styled apartment tank for almost a week and he swims around so much more than he ever has! And the good part is when he is tired and swims into the apartment and goes to sleep for awhile and then wakes up to swim around for a few hours! So I am proud to show King's new digs! I hope you can see the keeper inside the tank. Oh an I threw in a pic of Mako my baby ct just for non jealously sake. Sorry there are so many pics. I was trying to make it so you can see the apartment inside the tank.

This is King

And this is Mako:

Last edited by TRISHIESfishie; 12-29-2010 at 03:44 AM.
TRISHIESfishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:59 AM   #2 
Scienceluvr8

That's really cute! I'm glad your fish loves it and is much happier.
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #3 
sjones

Smart!!
sjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:18 AM   #4 
TRISHIESfishie

thanks! I was so happy when I saw him using the apartment to rest!! I was not sure he would catch on. Glad King is a smartie!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #5 
ChicagoPete

O man haha I just started browsing down the pics and saw two males in the same tank and was like O>O nooo... But it seems youve got more then one tank with the same plants ^.^

Last edited by ChicagoPete; 12-30-2010 at 06:11 PM.
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:45 AM   #6 
TRISHIESfishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPete View Post
O man haha I just started browsing down the pics and saw two males in the same tank and was like O>O nooo... But it seems youve got more then one tank with the same plants ^.^

LOL! I get that LOL! But yes they are in 2 tanks. I think if I had tiny Mako in the same tank with big boy King, Mako (yes named after the Mako Shark) would tear apart King LOL. And yes the same plants. Mako gets his big brother's hand-me-downs LOL. Actually I live in a small town and the only pet supplier is Walmart. But I am going to the next city over tomorrow and stopping by Petsmart/Petco in hopes of new plants.