Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2010, 03:27 PM   #1 
CodeRed

Sigh

I got another betta today, lol. Her name is Chiiya, she looks to be a cambodian Veiltail. Unfortunately she's struggling with some wicked SBD, so she won't be joining my prospective sorority until that's all sorta out. That's okay, since I won't be getting my other girls until Wednesday, and from there they still have to be quarantined (: No pictures yet because she's acclimating to her hospital tank, but soon. Don't expect much, though. She ain't gorgeous, but I just had to have her. Connection stuff, you know.
Wasn't happy with the store, though. The bettas were CHEAP, but the care was atrocious. Algae in these tiny cups, swimming in their own poop, one was dead, many others had fin rot, a gorgeous DBT (only 2.99!!!) had bitten down his own fins... It was bad. It looks like they're trying to get rid of them, I guess. Either through selling or neglect... I want to send them an email, but of course they don't have it listed. It's weird. The graphic for their "Contact us!" button is an @ sign, but they don't have an email listed -.-; False advertising? :D

WALL OF TEXT OVER.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:55 PM   #2 
Tsuhei

Wow, the conditions sound horrid! I would make a formal, written (typed) complaint and give it to the store manager - one for his eyes, and put the other in an envelope and demand the address to corporate so you can mail it to their eyes. That's what I would do...but of course ask for the corporate address first very nicely so he won't withhold it from you...

Sounds like you made a very sweet "rescue". I hope she recovers!
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:04 PM   #3 
ChicagoPete

O man as bad as that store was sounding I wouldn't have got Her from them. It sounds like they have nobody caring for them and need to be inforced to doing so before Id ever get a fish from them. You should right a letter to the manager and kindly ask for improvement as aposed to threttening him in being reported to the aspca or such un less further change isn't accouring. ^.^
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:09 PM   #4 
CodeRed

Trust me, I WILL write. Normally I'd never consider getting a fish from them. They used to take a lot better care of their fish, but I guess they just aren't selling enough, so they don't care... I know I just enforce the neglect thing by actually buying, but I promise you I won't take it quietly. Tomorrow I'm going to write a letter that I'll have delivered to them on Monday. I just couldn't leave her there. Her fellows all around her dying... I just couldn't do it =/ She'll have a better life in my sorority...
Old 12-31-2010, 05:14 PM   #5 
ChicagoPete

I hope things improve with them I just hate seeing animals suffer expecally when it just comes down to changeing water ;_;
Old 12-31-2010, 05:29 PM   #6 
CodeRed

They don't even have that many bettas ): Maybe 15? It's a shame.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:32 PM   #7 
Tsuhei

Yeah that's not that many...since they don't pay attention to them (clearly..) then you know..just stack 'em in a bag like a backpack or something...and casually take your leave. They won't miss 'em, right? xD
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:35 PM   #8 
fflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
Trust me, I WILL write. Normally I'd never consider getting a fish from them. They used to take a lot better care of their fish, but I guess they just aren't selling enough, so they don't care... I know I just enforce the neglect thing by actually buying, but I promise you I won't take it quietly. Tomorrow I'm going to write a letter that I'll have delivered to them on Monday. I just couldn't leave her there. Her fellows all around her dying... I just couldn't do it =/ She'll have a better life in my sorority...

you are right, all you did was enforce the neglect there... it might be difficult, but you have to walk away and not purchase from those places.... as a consumer the only real power we have is our buying power.
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:36 PM   #9 
ChicagoPete

LOL @ Tsuhei!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:39 PM   #10 
CodeRed

LOL, Tsuhei, I totally would do that if the sales guy wasn't staring over my shoulder the entire time... gah.