Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #31 
DormDrax

Sadly... since I stayed for that whole event I saw who all got a betta...
Most of whom were Freshman GURLZ who had filled their vases like halfway up with just the decor and were all like.
"Oh whateva I heard these fish live in puddles this is plenty of space!"
... come to think of it I think that was the same GURL who less than an hour later when I went past the front desk to head outside to the smoking circle (It's just what you think it is) ANYWHOOOOO... as I was passing the front desk that same GURL was all flustered going.
"I don't believe it! My fish committed suicide and jumped out of the vase!"

Me: "Uhh... (this was before I found this site so I was knowledge-less) how long was he out?"

GURL: "See that I don't know! Probably an hour! Went to showa and there he was on the floor barley movin! So I flushed him since I was shore he was gonna die anyway."

Me: "Well if you were sure..."

GURL: "Yeah least I still got meh a pretty vase still!" (I swear I'm not being mean with slang she really has the most annoying slang... like... nails on a chalkboard annoying).

Now I wish I had known more... well least now I do... my time to shine being a week or so again... when I got the Anubias, Wysteria, and Kyoto Grass... maybe 3 weeks ago? ANYWAY there had been this woman (Probably about 28, very professional looking) in the fish area. Then in the check out I see her behind me placing a container with a betta in it on the checkout... table thing along with food and decor... and so it begins...

Me: "Oh wow you got a betta!"

Woman: "Yeah always wanted one, and I found an old 1gal fish bowl from a few years back. So decided to go for it."

(Keep in mind there is a person ahead of us taking forever to pay so we had this time lol)

Me: "... mmmm 1gal is kinda small but tolerable... how often will you do water changes?"

Woman: "Oh... every few days I guess."

Me: "Should be every other day but that should be fine, that fake plant I see... you probably might want to not use that. It's the hard plastic and can possibly tear their fins."

Woman: "Sooo are you like an expert on Aquariums?"

Me: "... no, if I was I'd be yelling at you still about the 1gal bowl hahaha, use silk plants they look better anyway."

Woman: "Thank you very much I'll have to look more up on them! I really want this guy to be happy!"

*Now I'm checking out*

Me: "Oh your welcome! They are so much fun once they get used to their surrounding's! My betta is so curious of everything! They say they are one of the smartest tank fish and WILL begin to recognize you as their owner and get excited!"

Woman: "That sounds so cute!"

Me: "I KNOW!"

*Walking out*

Me: "Good luck!"

... *FacePalm* Once again I write a FREAKING ESSAY! When I didn't mean too...
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #32 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DormDrax View Post
... *FacePalm* Once again I write a FREAKING ESSAY! When I didn't mean too...

lol, i love your writing style. Never boring! I know you an art major but you should take up a minor major in writing!!
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:36 PM   #33 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootshoot View Post
lol, i love your writing style. Never boring! I know you an art major but you should take up a minor major in writing!!
I am...

Currently writing a novel titled 'The Forest Of Recollection'

Here is just a sample... *Ahem... *Coughs* AHEM*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Portion of the Prologue~

The Princess's servant finds the land of true order. The ancient orchards surrounding a small shy shadow of brick and timber. A land that does not ask to be noticed, and yet it overwhelms you with grace when entered. The guardians of the land watching eternally as the servant wanders. The princess would be envious of such land, an earthly garden of Eden and it can never be hers.
For it is the Lady in greens dream.

"Master?"
"Yes? My loyal guardian?"
"Is it true that there is a world outside of yours?"
"A world that would not accept you as I do, that is why you stay with me.""
"Why would this other world not accept me, Master?"
"Since I am the last dreamer. Leaving me you would be destroyed, for I still believe dragons exist."

Behind the Mirror of reality a violet girl stood watching. Through time and space she shifted she watched the green lady and guardian. Behind the mirror stood another, a woman of white and red lace. She smiled and used her hands to close the mirror while laughing out.

"Child of flowers, you are nothing but a weed to her."
"Sis, if we continue the testing now, I feel we can finish Omnetra."
"Yes, soon... I shall complete the balance. A balance that has always been in my sisters favor with her misfit guardian.
"...but Sis your sister and her guardian are bonded tighter than I am to this world. Destroying the child of flowers would not only destroy the balance but your sister's heart as well."
"A small risk, but I will no longer tolerate being so far in the dark!"

Traveling the dusty paths of great crusaders the sister of blue followed. Wars she shadowed to heal the wounded, and blessed the dead. She was the most righteous of the sisters. The only one of her belief to have befriended a demon. A demon, who was blinded when awaking. The young demon follows behind the blue sister holding onto her scarf.

"Will we ever make it to the city, Mom?"
"Rei, we need to keep up the pace. Soon the sun will rise and we'd need to hide you from it."
"I wish I could see the sunrise just once... it sounds wonderful."
"Someday, someday I hope to be able to have you see the sun as well."
"Mom? Can I see with your eyes for just a moment, I want to see the city at night!"
"I guess that would be alright for a short time but you will need to hold my hand so neither of us trip."

Four sisters, each unknowingly holding a place on the balance of nature. Their guardians each besting the other.
The Dragon able to shred the Vampire.
The Vampire devours the Phantom.
The Phantom breaks the Werewolf.
The Werewolf slaying the Dragon.
For centuries the Lady of Green has had the balance tipped in her favor. So the world was influenced by her power. Her power being that of harvest and generosity. Her motherly take on the planet has had humanity flourish, her guardian, a black and rose dragon. He is fueled by her power, from the tipped balance he can never be truly bested by the Werewolf. So now the world remains in a time of peace.

The princess of modern time now has her eyes on this forest, the Green Lady's dream. If this forest was tainted the Guardian's power would wane, and the Werewolf would win. The sister who masters the Werewolf is not a loving girl, a girl with a Broken Mind. If the Werewolf ever won the balance would shift out and the Sister of White's influence would reign and drive the world to war.
If this ever happened the other two sisters of Violet and Blue would rally. The sister of Violet would use guardian Phantom to devour the Werewolf. The sister of Blue would then best the Phantom with her Vampire only for the sister of Green to regain power as her Dragon bests the Vampire. The other sisters prefer this balance. Through time however the sister of Violet's power began fading. The sister of White came to her aid, with a price.

"Through this act I bestow you shall swear your loyalty to me. When I destroy the Dragon you shall not get in my way!"

A world already on the brink of chaos, could this mean that the Werewolf has already won?

*Bows*
Like I said this is just a portion of the start. This story is going to be LONG and amazing.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:22 PM   #34 
fishman12

I want to write a book, butr I just never can get inspirartion. I have like one page so far. I'm not talking about a *dramatic yawn* boring book like yours, but the next Twilight saga (not really, It will just be as popular). When I do happen to finish it, I can come back to this site a multi-millionare!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #35 
DormDrax

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman12 View Post
i want to write a book, butr i just never can get inspirartion. I have like one page so far. I'm not talking about a *dramatic yawn* boring book like yours, but the next twilight saga (not really, it will just be as popular). When i do happen to finish it, i can come back to this site a multi-millionare!
Twilight is not well written! Twilight is terribly written!

*Suddenly realizes you called his book boring concept wise*

*Starts plotting*

Last edited by DormDrax; 01-15-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #36 
Aluyasha

Hmmm your writing style is of poetry but in novel form. I like it! A rather new and refreshing style. :)
I feel that the style of how a book is written is more important than what the story is about. I do not know how many books I gave up on reading because the way they were written was terrible even though the topic was interesting.
It will ensure if you become famous then people will remember your name then just one of your book titles.
I mean yes, Twilight is popular (I hate it :p) but most people do not even remember the authors name.
I hope your book is successful! And I hope Drax keeps improving!
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote