Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #1 
elijahfeathers

Red face Well... that was unexpected. lol

So the other day while I was at the petco, there'd been one king betta that caught my eye. This was back when my family made their derpy two-fish-in-a-divided-half-gallon buy.

Well, Today I get a call from home telling my both my cats are gone-- they've been stolen. And I'm really bummed. Well, I've got a 10 gallon, a heater, a thermometer, and prime. That's it. I just got handed the king betta I'd been looking at, and a packet of pellets.

I stuck my glass turtle in the tank for him. There's no decor, but 10 heated, empty gallons is better than the little bowl he was in, at least.

I don't know if I should sigh or say thanks.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #2 
JKfish

D: I'm sorry Elijah, that's really horrible. Why would someone steal your cats? Call 911 and report grand theft feline! Hopefully something will happen, and maybe somehow you'll find them.

If it means anything, congrats on your new fish and stuff, I bet he's pretty happy at least.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #3 
elijahfeathers

Well I moved out a month ago. And I guess my mom didn't want to upset me-- but that cat I had since I was ten has been missing for two weeks. And The younger cat for four days. She went to the police, and they told her there was little they could do aside form warm others, and then told her that this summer someone was stealing and mutilating cats, but they couldn't ever find the person. So I'm pretty depressed.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #4 
JKfish

What sort of mentally ill person would do such a thing? I'm sorry, that must be horrible. :(
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #5 
ilovebunnies

Sometimes it helps to go around searching the neighborhood.

My sister's cat went missing for 3 days. I went around the neighborhood trying to find this cat. I knocked on doors and showed a picture of him to my neighbors. Every neighbor had a story to tell about this cat. Apparently my sister's cat likes to climb on the screen on the neighbors window and peer inside. Another neighbor told me that they saw him hanging out with large birds. And multiple people gave him free meals. O_O But no one had seen him for 3 days.

I was about to give up finding him when I decided to check one more house. I was calling his name and suddenly spotted movement in the window of my neighbor's garage. There was my sister's cat meowing. I had to break into the garage to get the cat out. >.> But he was ok, silly cat.
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #6 
elijahfeathers

I'm currently 600+ miles form the neighborhood, so there's little I can do. I'm just really sad, and hoping she'll turn up.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #7 
DormDrax

Oh I did a report on Animal Abuse... I did alot of depressing research... Want know how many Dogs and Cats were killed inside Ovens? YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!

So for the presentation I was in charge of slides and unknown to my group I didn't put abuse pictures in... but pictures of Happy Animals... My Reasoning when the professor raised an eyebrow.

Me: When you think of animal abuse you just get depressed and want nothing to do with it. So why make you all uncomfortable with gruesome images... why not show imagery of what we are trying to achieve and hard facts. Such that... 65% of all Abuse cases are reported by Neighbors...

Your also right about this mutilator being 'Mentally Ill' no sane person can purposely kill an animal without cause.

Random Fact... The Most Dangerous Species on Earth... Humans

Happy for your new fish tank but sorry about your other Pets...
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #8 
ilovebunnies

Sorry, I know it's difficult when something happens to a furry/feathered/finned companion. I hope for the best for you.
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #9 
elijahfeathers

Thanks for the support everyone. I'm pretty bummed, but this is more of a celebration for my new little fishie, whom I'm trying to be cheerful about. I've named him Calder, as he reminds me of my OC from a RP with the same name. He eally is quite a big boy, and he flares at his reflection on the sides of the tank tons.

I do hope he'll get used to it soon though-- I know my other fish were quite upset at the glass for almost a week before they realized that ugly mug on the other side... was them. xD
Old 01-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

We had someone , not in my immediate vicinity that was killing and mutilating cats. I think they caught the guy but I don't think he'll get much of a punishment. My neighbor's daughter who is a police officer found one of the cats near a dumpster. It's really sickening what people do.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote