Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #1 
Noko

Question Looks like a blister?

One of my girls looks like she has a tiny blister on her side. It also looks like she is missing a scale under the blister. She has been laying on the bottom of the tank, but gets right up when I come in the room. After a minute or two of swimming around, she just sinks back down and stays wherever she ends up.
She is in a ten gallon tank with two other girls (divided). I did a 75% water change yesterday since I had a major algae bloom on one side of the tank. I put her in a little betta cup when I was doing the water change and that's when I noticed she was laying on her side. I just noticed the blister a few minutes ago. I looked at her this morning and there was no issue other than the laying thing. The tank is heated to 79 degrees during the day, but drops a degree at night.
The other girls are fine except one refuses to eat the pellets. Amazingly she is still a good size.

P.s. How do I get rid of all this darn algae? The one light is causing it but I can't go pick up another. The algae is only on one side, and the sick girl is on the opposite side.
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #2 
Noko

Eww. Now the blister looking thing is peeling off like a piece of old dried skin. She's still being a goober and wants more food though...
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #3 
ChicagoPete

O.0 Eww
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote