Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #1 
Sweeda88

Sad, difficult decision.

So, I have a problem. My divider situation isn't working out the way I'd planned, and since I already have a tank full of water, I can't do the report binder thing. So I am being forced by my own concise to return the newest 2 of my Betta. I can't figure out a situation where the dividers will keep them safe, and I don't have money for more tanks/heaters. I already had one jump or wiggle into the other side today, so the proof is in the pudding. I really would like to give them to a nice home, so if anyone here lives in the Twin Cities area, and would like to pick them up, please contact me. Also, please don't tell me to keep them. They're beautiful, but I have no other choice right now. I need support, not admonishment.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I understand the way you feel. You have to do whatever you feel is the right thing. I hope you'll find nice homes for therm.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #3 
Sweeda88

Thank you, DQ.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #4 
LucyLoofa

Wish I lived closer. I was searching for a pretty new boy myself.
:) I'm sure you'll find somebody wonderful to take them.
LucyLoofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #5 
Busted

Sorry, I recently had to rehome 2 fish, then by my mistake I picked up the wrong container at petco and got 4 male Betta. But I couldn't find it in myself to have the fish feel like he was free and then be taken back :( So even if they are in less water then I would like its much much more bigger and happier then a cup :3 and the little guy I grabbed by chance is turning out to be a favorite of mine.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #6 
Sweeda88

I hope so. Thanks. Someone already contacted me, so I really hope it works out. I need the money that taking them back to the PetStore would bring, but I'd rather have them in a good home.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #7 
Sweeda88

Well, they'd be in less water, plus no heater, so yeah.... Also, I only have 1 backup, 1 gallon tank for a hospital tank. So I REALLY can't keep them. I don't want them living permanently in 1 gallon. I have them in their original cups right now because I can't bear to have one in a large tank, and one in a cup. That sounds stupid, but I really can't. I am SO depressed right now, I could cry.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #8 
Busted

I had mine like that then I divided my 5 gallon into 3 slots. Had some plexiglass and went and bought some silicone just so they would all be equal, the other is in what I was planning to use as my hospital tank. I might also have to rehome one of these as I gave one to my grandmother to replace hers that died. So I will have to pickup a new hospital tank, and getting rid of one I could be happy with dividing the 5 gallon into 2. My cousin was thinking about it, but I know he needs a whole setup tank, heater, filter etc... Though I have a 10 gallon for future breeding, it wouldnt be fair to have one all happy in it with the others in less x.x is that strange of me to think?

Last edited by Busted; 01-01-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:27 PM   #9 
Sweeda88

Well, the guy who contacted me won't be able to take them. I'll be taking them back to PetSmart and PetCo, and I will be really praying that they get good homes. I hate this, but I don't have any other choice. I'm sorry, fishies.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #10 
Sweeda88

UPDATE: I've figured out a way to make dividers that will work. My Betta are not going back to the store. All I have to do is sew two pieces of craft mesh together(the rigid, plastic kind), leave the top open, slip a piece of a plastic folder inside so my fish can't see each other, and pile enough gravel on the sides of them to keep it in place. Or use suction cups. I might do both for my own peace of mind. I'm SOOOOO happy now! I was so depressed before that I literally couldn't look at the fish I had been planning to return.