Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #1 
Cassandra90

What would be a great tank for....

I only have one betta but I am starting to fall in love with these fish. I find myself always wondering over to the bettas in walmart, meijer, petco, petsmart and other stores. I have been thinking about getting a divided tank to hold at least 2 or 3 male bettas.

So my question is, what would be a great size tank for this. I do not want anything to big since it will be on my desk (no where in my house that has enough room and I would like to be able to see it a lot).

So if any one knows of any stores, or websites that I can find a decent price tank kit that would work for me let me know.

Thank you!
Cassandra90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #2 
Sweeda88

You could get a 5 gallon tank kit at Walmart. I got mine for $30. That allows 2.5 gallons for each fish.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #3 
Cassandra90

I have been looking at those too. I just wasn't to sure. I didn't want to cram them in there, of course only two. But I did read up with correct care they can live in 2 gallons or less water. Which will not be a problem for me since I am pretty skilled with fish.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #4 
SaylorKennedy

Yep, I have that 5 gallon tank and I feel 2 fish would do fine in it. Even considering doing that myself.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 PM   #5 
fflores

PetCo has a $1 per gallon sale right now on anything over 10 gallons... i got a 20gal tank for $20 today

Never buy from Walmart
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #6 
SaylorKennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflores View Post
Never buy from Walmart
I don't see why you would say this. Yes right now you can get a good deal on a larger tank, but the aquarium kits that they have at Walmart are worth the money. They're high quality stuff too. Although not advertised they're Marineland products which IMO is one of the best.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #7 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylorKennedy View Post
I don't see why you would say this. Yes right now you can get a good deal on a larger tank, but the aquarium kits that they have at Walmart are worth the money. They're high quality stuff too. Although not advertised they're Marineland products which IMO is one of the best.
I totally agree. I also don't think it's necessary to tell people they shouldn't shop somewhere. That's their own decision.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #8 
fflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylorKennedy View Post
Its pretty simple... the main complaint from many members on this site are the conditions of fishes at walmart... all the complaining in the world isn't going to change their want for the bottom line bring in profit. From my own experience, at least places like Petco and Petsmart are in the pet business and for the most part have decent conditions.

To stop what so many people here and other sites are against, then you have to completely stop them from wanting to stock items that don't sell by us the consumers using our spending power and now purchase pet supplies/fish from them. Even when people post "rescue" threads, all you really did was make room for the next betta to fill that ones place and be treated just as badly.

Not saying you specifically, but we can't have it both ways, complain about a company treatment of what many have such strong and sometimes over the top feelings for, but still support them with our purchasing power by buying their fishes/tanks and accessories. For many different reasons i don't ever step foot in walmart... even if i know i might be spending more for a product else were.
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:39 AM   #9 
AngelicScars

I wouldn't go lower then 2.5 gallons per fish.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #10 
Cassandra90

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind when choosing a tank.