Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #1 
demonicangel132007

All the support I can get...

Hey, trying to plug my new blog in as many places as I can. I want, want, WANT to actually accomplish a New Year's resolution this year. Why? I will be 23. Big whoop, right? I was born on December 23rd, which is also known as the Lucky Birthday and the Golden Birthday so I thought I would give myself the best b'day present ever (well, after Tvarscki of course). A thinner, healthier, happier me!

So, feel free to check it out and send me your support. 23 on the 23rd! BTW, it will be getting a 100% makeover as soon as I get the coding done.
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #2 
bloo97

You can do it! :D

I'll keep tabs on your progress! Can't wait to see how you do.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #3 
Jessiefish

What an awesome goal! I noticed that you're going to check out Curves. Do you have a YMCA in your area? I'd recommend checking them out and comparing membership rates and facilities. Also, the Y offers financial assistance (no offense meant, I've just noticed you've mentioned financial stuff every so often). I joined the Y about a year ago and I love it. Mine has group classes, a gym, a pool, workout room, etc. So I don't get bored doing the same thing over and over. There's also personal training and fitness/body assessments to help you get started, though there is an additional cost for those things. The overall environment at the Y is more comfortable for me, too -- there are people of all shapes and sizes and abilities doing their thing.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #4 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiefish View Post
What an awesome goal! I noticed that you're going to check out Curves. Do you have a YMCA in your area? I'd recommend checking them out and comparing membership rates and facilities. Also, the Y offers financial assistance (no offense meant, I've just noticed you've mentioned financial stuff every so often). I joined the Y about a year ago and I love it. Mine has group classes, a gym, a pool, workout room, etc. So I don't get bored doing the same thing over and over. There's also personal training and fitness/body assessments to help you get started, though there is an additional cost for those things. The overall environment at the Y is more comfortable for me, too -- there are people of all shapes and sizes and abilities doing their thing.
Oh man, a YMCA would be amazing, but the closest one to me that I know of is 45 minutes away and the Curves is in "The Square" a place everyone goes to, so I can get there with my eyes closed. For an additional $3 a day, four mornings a week I can go to Zumba classes held at Curves. But, yeah, I complain about money a lot (the joys of unemployment, yay! </sarcasm>) so don't worry about offending me, financial assistance would be amazing as well...on everything I need to pay for. </complaining>

Thank you for the support, btw. I've been trying this for years and thought wth? My golden birthday is coming up why not do something for me for a change! LOL.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #5 
Tsuhei

OMG! GO GO GOOOOO~!

I'm super excited for you, demonic - you're being really proactive about your approach to your goal!

I just want to say a few things though:

1. Do not starve yourself, please! My obese friend back in high school was trying to lose weight, and she fainted from not eating for a few days If anything, do what I did to lose weight: Instead of having 3 meals a day that were large and denying myself snacks, I eat about 6-8 meals a day...and they're very small portions! Keeps me from binge eating like I used to... (it actually keeps your metabolism running, too)

2. Don't step on the scale everyday! You'll give yourself anxiety D: I learned that the hard way too! In fact, ban that thing from your bathroom so you aren't tempted!

I'm rooting for you, demonic! YOU CAN DO IT!
Tsuhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:13 PM   #6 
vaygirl

I think it's wonderful. You CAN do it. A few years back I went from 250 to 165 in about a year and a half, and this was on a 5'1" frame. I did weight watchers and just walked. The pinnacle of my journey was taking a flight to Florida to see my Mom and not having to worry over fitting in the seat. I totally cried with happiness.

My best, best, best advice is don't rush it, and don't give up. I'm back up at 193 now but I'm buckling down again. Even if you feel you're faltering, do whatever you must to convince yourself that it IS possible.

I'm so excited for you! I'll watch your blog! And if you ever need a kick in the tail, pm me! I'll totally do it.

Oh, and check out Sparkpeople dot com. It's a great free community where you can track your food and your exercise and get into supportive groups. It's 100 percent free!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #7 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuhei View Post
OMG! GO GO GOOOOO~!

I'm super excited for you, demonic - you're being really proactive about your approach to your goal!

I just want to say a few things though:

1. Do not starve yourself, please! My obese friend back in high school was trying to lose weight, and she fainted from not eating for a few days If anything, do what I did to lose weight: Instead of having 3 meals a day that were large and denying myself snacks, I eat about 6-8 meals a day...and they're very small portions! Keeps me from binge eating like I used to... (it actually keeps your metabolism running, too)

2. Don't step on the scale everyday! You'll give yourself anxiety D: I learned that the hard way too! In fact, ban that thing from your bathroom so you aren't tempted!

I'm rooting for you, demonic! YOU CAN DO IT!
Do not worry about me starving myself. I like my food. Have been looking up some low cal meals online, I like that I'm getting some support from the online community I just hope the people in my everyday life here would do the same. I've always thought if I was to lose weight I would do it the right way. I lived with a recovered bulimic and I don't want to go down that path, either. My cousin pointed me in the direction of a calories calculator and will be joining me in losing weight after her 2nd baby is born.

I am currently "not speaking" to my bathroom scale atm. I have certain dates marked for when I will consult with it but until then it can stay in the bathroom. :P

Thanks! I'm rooting for me, too. :)
Old 01-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #8 
dr2b

Losing weight is such a hard thing to do! But if you put your mind to it you can do it. Let me just give you one piece of advice. Start out with small goals and work your way up. I learned in behavior modification that is why so many people do not accomplish their new years resolutions, they all start out with big goals and don't work their way up. I, myself, have been losing weight thanks to my boyfriend pushing me to mountain bike with him and to change my eating habits. Once you start dropping the pounds you will become even more motivated than you are right now :)

Good luck and you can do it!

Last edited by dr2b; 01-02-2011 at 11:22 PM.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #9 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
I think it's wonderful. You CAN do it. A few years back I went from 250 to 165 in about a year and a half, and this was on a 5'1" frame. I did weight watchers and just walked. The pinnacle of my journey was taking a flight to Florida to see my Mom and not having to worry over fitting in the seat. I totally cried with happiness.

My best, best, best advice is don't rush it, and don't give up. I'm back up at 193 now but I'm buckling down again. Even if you feel you're faltering, do whatever you must to convince yourself that it IS possible.

I'm so excited for you! I'll watch your blog! And if you ever need a kick in the tail, pm me! I'll totally do it.

Oh, and check out Sparkpeople dot com. It's a great free community where you can track your food and your exercise and get into supportive groups. It's 100 percent free!
Thanks for the website, I'll have to check it out now. :) I'm trying to save up some money so I can do weight watchers online since I think our chapter finally went POOF. My aunt lost a lot of weight with Weight Watchers and so did my mom before it got to be too expensive. She still has all of the things but had no one to motivate her. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
Losing weight is such a hard thing to do! But if you put your mind to it you can do it. Let me just give you one piece of advice. Start out with small goals and work your way up. I learned in behavior modification that is why so many people do not accomplish their new years resolutions, they all start out with big goals and don't work their way up. I, myself, have been losing weight thanks to my boyfriend pushing me to mountain bike with him and to change my eating habits. Once you start dropping the pounds you will become even more motivated than you are right now :)

Good luck and you can do it!
Yeah, I'm trying to work up a "rewards system" for myself. Lose so many pounds I'll...get a tattoo or another piercing, or something. LOL. I know after a certain of amount of weight lost I'll have to buy some new clothes, and I have my eye on going back into Gordmann's where the only thing I found to fit me was in the maternity section.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #10 
dr2b

Reward systems are awesome. I ran into the having to buy new clothes issues a few times now. It happened at the end of the summer ... and when I went to pull out the winter clothes this year. I looked like I was swimming in the sweaters. Lucky for me, I got money at Christmas time and I was able to finally buy clothes that fit me properly. :) But keep a buddy there to help keep you on that rewards system. It is so easy to fall off that and slack on it. Having someone there to help remind you and push you along helps. That again goes back the class I took. We had to do a behavior modification project the entire semester trying to change a habit or lose weight, whatever we wanted. The people who had people as a "buddy" succeeded a lot more than the people who did it alone.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote