Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #1 
HayrideHaunter

Cute or funny things our fine finned friends do!

So I havent found a thread about just little act of personality in our beloved fish. Marbles did something adorable a few minutes ago, so I thought I'd make a thread so I could share it and hear others!

I walked into my room and he always flares when he sees movement in the dark (his tank light is always on, but my room is often dark, and I have to go into the room to turn my light on so he sees the movement)

anywho so I turned the light on and did our usual game of "catch the finger"...i run my finger along the tank side and he follows it...eventually i bring it to his food spot and give him a pellet or two. We did that and then i leaned down to watch him for a moment...he came right over to the side and as if to say :look at me!" he looked at me, then swam in a circle with his fins spread a bit...not flaring...just being flashy. It was like he twirled happily for me, it was so CUTE!!!

What do your bettas do?
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #2 
Betta Slave

Well, I know the majority of all the forum-goers' bettas do this, but only one of my boys, Humphrey, darts up to the front of the glass whenever I come into the room and follows me around, and jumps in and out of the water (not out of the tank, lol.)

Also, when I turn on his filter, he mistakes the bubbles for his pellets when I feed him, so he goes around eating bubbles and spitting them back out, and he does this until he finds his actual food... I find this pretty cute.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #3 
HayrideHaunter

haha he eats the bubbles! so cute! Marbles follows me a little...then quickly gets bored and goes back to wedging himself between the leaves on his fake plants, staring at the airstone built into my filter,(he seems to like the bubbles) or swimming about and dancing. Right now he's simply staring at me
Old 01-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #4 
bettafish15

My betta likes to hide in his plant, flare at the clothes I have at the back of his tank (for insulation, it gets cold here, i'm up north ;D), and when he sees me, he'll dash out of his plants, come right up to my face, and flare his gills at me and swim around xD
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #5 
HayrideHaunter

i like the "flare and dash"...thats so cute! its like "haha cant get me!"
Old 01-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #6 
Sweeda88

Aurora used to do TONS of cute things, like poking at my fingers, chasing after my finger. But she's suddenly gotten sick, and is sitting at the bottom, with her fins clamped. She only comes up for air. =(
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #7 
HayrideHaunter

aww...poor dear...I hope she gets better! When she does, come back and post some of the cute stuff she does once again!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #8 
baylee767

Lol all of my cute things go to Neon. Before I said Velvet was the personality, but lately Neons been trying to catch up!

If I watch him and sit right next to his tank he swims up and stares at me and flares his gills at me. But the funny thing is that he has a deformed gill cover or something, so he only flares one gill Lol. Another thing he does it's kinda sad but also very cute whenever he's in the half gallon bowl for a waterchange he'll just sit there staring at me, not flaring, just paddeling his pectoral fins.

My favorite is that whenever I spin my finger in circles in front of his tank he swims over and his head starts rotating around Lol! It looks so cute on a Betta!
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #9 
HayrideHaunter

Marbles often stares at me like that in his regular tank...when I change his water he swims rather frantically looking at whatevers around him...the last thing is adorable though! I have to try that with Marbles...right now he's still getting used to my finger (he swims away pretty quickly when I touch his tank)
Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #10 
DormDrax

Drax begs... no matter how much I give him.

Though after like 10mins of going to the top and waiting for food (Seriously I feed him probably more than he should get yet he begs.)
He'll finally start doing his own thing. Which is... he sits at the top and gets a few gulps of air (Within a min) then darts to the bottom and just explores the bottom for several minutes, he'll stare at the shells and sometimes try to nudge them around if he can. He loves to lay on them alot too... he does rub now and then but it's more like a selective thing there's two shells when he's around he rubs against alittle but noooot enough to worry me. He's just weird hahaha
I think he can hold his breath for sometime, or my filter with it's bubble spitting just makes the water somewhat survivable. haha
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote