Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #21 
soccerdog693

My betta, Xander, has recently begun to blow bubbles at the top of his tank, then chase and eat them. It's adorable, but I hope it's not indicative of something wrong with him. He's got a huge surface area under his hood open to oxygen...
soccerdog693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #22 
fleetfish

Pallas is by far the most interactive, tame betta I've ever had. He likes to rub up against my fingers and bite them savagely until I give him food. This morning he nearly jumped out of the tank when he saw me, and perched himself up like an orca on the edge and fell back into the water thank god! Also, he likes to bite my nose! That boy has a taste for human flesh, I tells ya. If I point to him he'll get all flarey and huffy, lol

It's funny though since Lulu who lives beside him (in a separate tank!) behaves almost exactly like Pallas. I swear they learn from one another.

Garbanzo has found a little spot in his plant he likes to curl up in. He's a big flowy boy and it's so cute to see him resting in his "cave" because his fins swirl around his body.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:59 PM   #23 
HayrideHaunter

I'm curious as to how you discovered Pallas likes to bite your nose?
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #24 
fishman12

Lol hayride. I was thinking the same thing!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #25 
fleetfish

I'll lean close to the edge of the tank and Pallas will jump up at my face, often hitting my nose. He misses sometimes but usually it's right on :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #26 
Sweeda88

All of my Betta fish love to sleep on their leaf hammocks, except Aurora didn't (may she R.I.P.). Also, if I weave my finger through the water, Sir Lefty will flare at it and give chase. Both Sir Lefty and Sequin make bubble nests/add to the nests daily. Currently, Lefty has TWO big bubble nests. They are impressive.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:36 PM   #27 
HayrideHaunter

XD i'm dying to make/buy a hammock for Marbles...I wanna get him some new decor...but i have NO money right now =(...all he has are two measly little plants...granted his tank isnt huge, but still...i also wanna get black or dark gravel, show off his bright colors.

Anywho thats hilarious Fleetfish!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #28 
eclover09

My veteran is a food-alcoholic lol. When I go to feed him, he jumps around like a dolphin, then when I put the pellet in , he snaps, snaps, snaps! towards it like a little mechanical shark, until he finally reaches it and gets it in his mouth, instead of just being, I dunno, NORMAL and swimming towards it then grabbing it lol. He is quite the little character, and he has "bit" my finger plently of times before when ive been trying to drop the pellet in his tank.
eclover09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #29 
HayrideHaunter

I put my pinkie just touching the top of Marbles' water...he kinda stared at it...he didnt nip, but it was adorable cuz his head turned a little and his eyes moved...i think the fact that their eyes move so much give them an insane amount of personality...anyways he just sort of checked it out and swam off casually hehe
Old 01-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #30 
BettaFishRule

My Old betta did a really cute thing! I would old this bracelet up to his tank (it looked like it had food on it) and he would stare at it then he would run into the glass trying to eat it! It was soo cute!
BettaFishRule is offline   Reply With Quote