Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #31 
CrankyFish84

Danny Boy, my original betta who started my obsession...He always runs up to greet both me and my roommate (who doesn't do feedings)...He always says "Good night Danny Boy! Give me some high fin brother!" and puts his hand to the tank & Danny just swims around it...It's super cute how he's bonded with my fishy. Danny also likes to flare at my test tubes when I'm doing ammonia tests, etc. lol
CrankyFish84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #32 
HayrideHaunter

aww thats precious! I hope my suitemates will be buds with Marbles like that XD
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #33 
dragonfair

I have to add a new one! My newest guy, Mustang, flares just his gills at each pellet when I drop it in before he casually eats it. It's like he's scaring the pellet to death so he can eat it. So funny!
dragonfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #34 
HayrideHaunter

haha too funny! I got a new one too:

Marbles, when hes half-flaring, will sit and stare at me (if i come into the room suddenly) with his body at a right angle...so his head will be pointed at me and his body will be to the side...he sits there for a couple minutes, sometimes zipping back and forth and returning to that position, before he casually swims off. its hilarious. Almost like, a guilty look...like "holy crap...hi...i wasnt doing anything...whatre you lookin at?"
Old 01-07-2011, 02:46 PM   #35 
Nutt007

Bloom likes to stick his head out of his cave. When I get near him, he will swim out and get all puffy. XD
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #36 
HayrideHaunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSfVl...feature=fvwrel this is so sweet!!! the owner seems loving and the betta responds, they seem so happy and the boy seems healthy, i love videos like this! so sweet!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #37 
fishman12

When I approach the tank, my fish will swim about halfway down, then wiggle and open and close his mouth really quickly, like he's talking. It's really cute.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #38 
Luimeril

Dante likes to wiggle at me, and open and close his mouth at every wiggle. it's pretty cute, so i gotta stop what i'm doing and look at him, poke his tank. he then rushes off and comes back, flaring at my finger.

and, today, i was watching a Vocaloid video on youtube, and Caroline, my new girl, was watching it with me, wiggling at the characters on the screen! xD
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #39 
HayrideHaunter

i love when my dog watches tv with me...Marbles has never seen one hehe...but he looks at my computer screen a lot...i have him next to my bed and I often sit here on my laptop (as I am right now)...he watches a lot

today he discovered the airstone thats built into his filter and stared at it for a full minute before he decided going up for air was a good thing
Old 01-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #40 
Samplicity

My crowntail, Swimmy, has the biggest personality I've seen in all the bettas I've had. I have him and Houdini on my computer desk with me and he'll dance and show off to me or just sit there and stare. He'll follow my fingers and nip at them when I put one in. He actually turned my boyfriend, who finds my obsession with the little guys kinda weird, onto him.

My other betta Houdini, a white/clear double tail, got his name because he has a habit of scaring me when he plays hide and go seek.
Samplicity is offline   Reply With Quote