Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #41 
DormDrax
Member
 
DormDrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
I'm on Christmas Vacation...

I just get VERY high Strung.

Hmm... Well Drax is acting fine. The woman said not to do water changes for the next week. My mom heard her say that... ehe... so now I'm not allowed to touch the water for 7 days... if I do...
*Shrugs* Not much she could do... Ground her College student son? Hahahahahaha Doubt it. She'd probably use her 'MOTHERLY GUILT' attacks (Which... are Highly Effective).

I'll take pics after I get the plants in... with no creative tips from you guys XP
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #42 
dr2b
Member
 
dr2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: West Virginia
Well simply put.... either you listen to the Petco or Petsmart employee..... or you listen to us. One gives you a living Drax and the other gives you a dead Drax. You choose. You need to be changing that water.... it will kill him quickly. You got gravel you said? I'd be putting that in also to help with the plants.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #43 
Synthisis
New Member
 
Synthisis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Be very careful with stones. I had some, I heated them in hot water and had them sterilized the proper way.

They still killed my fish.

Its absolutly crucial that the tank cycles properly. Dont even touch it.

Id give your fish some fresh water though... that tank is going to get very potent before it levels out.
Synthisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #44 
DormDrax
Member
 
DormDrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
Well simply put.... either you listen to the Petco or Petsmart employee..... or you listen to us. One gives you a living Drax and the other gives you a dead Drax. You choose. You need to be changing that water.... it will kill him quickly. You got gravel you said? I'd be putting that in also to help with the plants.
I did a small 10% change when no one was looking. That will have to do now and I'll do a larger change tomorrow... like 40%, should I vac as well? Or just water... cuz the Kyoto which I cleaned OCD like for a few mins... sent out a million almost unnoticeable granules of debris when I sank it *Twitch*

I'll have pictures in a minute...

A Teaser...my work made even my parents go "Oooh!"
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #45 
dr2b
Member
 
dr2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: West Virginia
Just change the water honestly. One fish can't have that much poop. But you may want to suction out the junk you got from the Kyoto.... at least enough to get out hte visible debris from it.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #46 
DormDrax
Member
 
DormDrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO













*Takes Bow* Not bad for simply dropping the plants in I suppose haha.
The stones? Don't worry didn't drop those in... used the net and put a few in at a time by over turning the net, and then holding the net side and scooting the rocks around with the nets handle.

Too late on the Kyoto debris it must have dissolved or just dispersed enough. Then again... even as bad as the Anacharis got when it was ill (Getting better now) the filter seemed to eventually snag the floating leaves.

If you want to scare me into doing another water change *Has his arms folded ontop of tank* Then tell me just what Nitrates are and NitrItes... I really would do it now but I just cleaned up all the water I dripped and put everything away. (Kinda gotta keep water off of everything haha man I wish we had tile).

*Edit* Wow those plants aren't impressive...

But they shall grow, and become impressive bwahaha

Last edited by DormDrax; 01-04-2011 at 08:49 PM.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #47 
LeroyTheBetta
Member
 
LeroyTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DormDrax View Post
Oh fine... *Huffs*
But when I get it later you all better be around for when I post the results and start flipping out over some numbers >,> I'll do it too... I'll find some obscure result and flip out over it XD

lol... Hmm, why is it that I actually do believe you when you say you'll flip out? Just a feeling I'm getting, maybe. I'm good at sensing things with introverted, quiet people. hehe

Anyway, good luck with your testing kit & plants. I am new to fish and got 3 peppered cories. My betta, Leroy, completely ignores them and the 3 neon tetras. The cories just go about their business and ignore the others as well. The neon tetras.... well.... they're just little. They like cruising around through the plants. One big, happy, mind-their-own-business family! But, they all have their individual personalities.
LeroyTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #48 
Synthisis
New Member
 
Synthisis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DormDrax View Post
I'm on Christmas Vacation...

I just get VERY high Strung.

Hmm... Well Drax is acting fine. The woman said not to do water changes for the next week. My mom heard her say that... ehe... so now I'm not allowed to touch the water for 7 days... if I do...
*Shrugs* Not much she could do... Ground her College student son? Hahahahahaha Doubt it. She'd probably use her 'MOTHERLY GUILT' attacks (Which... are Highly Effective).

I'll take pics after I get the plants in... with no creative tips from you guys XP
Ground a college student? I haven't been grounded since i was like... 12 - and that was 10 years ago.

Your going to need either Sand or Gravel for the Cory Cats. Cory's are schoolers and they love to dig. I have 9 in my tank and they all travel around digging in the gravel. You cant plant plants in sand and you cant use a gravel vac on it really.
Synthisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #49 
dr2b
Member
 
dr2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: West Virginia
Nitrite poisoning info from another website:
What is it?
Nitrite is toxic to fish, and can cause death when in high levels in an aquarium. See "new tank syndrome" for information on how nitrite is produced, and how to eliminate it.
The danger often comes when fish get weak as a result of being stressed from the nitrite. They are more susceptible to parasites, bacteria and other diseases.

Symptoms:
Fish may sit at the bottom of the aquarium, without much movement. They may also go to the surface of the aquarium, gasping for air. The may appear lethargic and off colour. Burning to the skin may occur, if so the skin will appear red and excess mucus may be produced. Their gills may appear brown of lilac in colour. They may also 'flash' and scratch up against aquarium objects.

As Nitrite poisoning produces very similar symptoms to many other diseases certain diagnosis can only be made with a nitrite testing kit.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #50 
DormDrax
Member
 
DormDrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
Nitrite poisoning info from another website:
What is it?
Nitrite is toxic to fish, and can cause death when in high levels in an aquarium. See "new tank syndrome" for information on how nitrite is produced, and how to eliminate it.
The danger often comes when fish get weak as a result of being stressed from the nitrite. They are more susceptible to parasites, bacteria and other diseases.

Symptoms:
Fish may sit at the bottom of the aquarium, without much movement. They may also go to the surface of the aquarium, gasping for air. The may appear lethargic and off colour. Burning to the skin may occur, if so the skin will appear red and excess mucus may be produced. Their gills may appear brown of lilac in colour. They may also 'flash' and scratch up against aquarium objects.

As Nitrite poisoning produces very similar symptoms to many other diseases certain diagnosis can only be made with a nitrite testing kit.
*Shakes head*

Well that Water Testing Lady didn't seem to know what end of the strip to read. So when she said high... she probably meant 'Above Normal' which is probably expected.

Hmm... you know what, just because I love going to Petsmart now... and because I love going against' my parents (YEAH Sorta Rebel!) when spending money. Hey it's my money dangit! Not like I'm buying a car!
I did see a version of the MASTER test kit that was only 12$ it was 25 '6 Level' Test strips.
Yet... the Master Kit had all sorts of bottles in it...
Now thats where that Water Test Lady made me role my eyes (All the while my mom was taking notes) she's looking at the kit and couldn't make up her mind with what to say about it.
"It has the things to correct problems in it... err *Flipping kit over* Wait no it doesn't... just the tests." I wanted to slap her...
too bad that old guy I liked didn't pop around till I was about to leave and he pretty much threw me the Anubias plant (Which if you look... dang he gave me a healthy one!).

Ok my point is... my friend has been wanting to hang (he's the type of friend you can only stand seeing maybe ONCE a week.) Maybe I could trick him into taking me to PetSmart >,> *Devious Trickery* What? He's the friend with the car haha.... *Glances at phone* Oh SPEAK of the devil he's texting me now to hang... >,< (I don't have a car yet... is that a problem?!?!!!)

OH! The point I wanted to make... about the Symptoms...
Yeah Drax has none of those.

Last edited by DormDrax; 01-04-2011 at 09:14 PM.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick! iheartmyfishies Betta Fish Care 6 10-27-2009 07:19 PM
Help quick what to do fin rot!! bmaher7 Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 3 09-16-2009 07:50 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.