Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #21 
fflores

As long as you are responsible and attentive to your fish, there is no reason why you can't have it in something this size.
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #22 
HayrideHaunter

thanks...I try my best to be. Perhaps he doesnt get a water change as often as he should, but I'm good about everything else...so he's a happy fishie =)
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:10 PM   #23 
fflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayrideHaunter View Post
thanks...I try my best to be. Perhaps he doesnt get a water change as often as he should, but I'm good about everything else...so he's a happy fishie =)
Over the holidays, i wasn't able to change the water in my desk top tank for 5 days... when i arrived, Sushi appeared to be as active and attentive as ever... I did change the water during my lunch hours as it was a bit cloudy. Fed him and he was as happy as can be.

Enjoy your fish!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 AM   #24 
HayrideHaunter

aww Sushi haha thats cute XD
Old 01-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #25 
KerryF

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayrideHaunter View Post
aww Sushi haha thats cute XD
I thought the same thing; as long as he didn't come with a dipping sauce!

fflores, can you bring Sushi home when your office is closed? Seems like he would've become a little hungry?

KerryF
KerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #26 
HayrideHaunter

@Kerry: I actually had a friend at school who had a goldfish in his dorm named Sushi, and his friend named theirs Sashimi lol!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #27 
fflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryF View Post
I thought the same thing; as long as he didn't come with a dipping sauce!

fflores, can you bring Sushi home when your office is closed? Seems like he would've become a little hungry?

KerryF
Odds are the would be more in danger during my bringing him home then leaving him at the office. At the most its 4-5 days... besides 2 of those days are fasting days and i make sure he gets fed and has a fresh water change before i leave on the last day. If other bettas can survive journeys from the other side of the world, he can survive a weekend at the office. tho it is one of the reasons i want to upgrade his tank, but the only time there is such a break is during the holidays.

i will have to ask some of my friends at work to feed him when i do leave for 10 days to go tornado chasing in april
Old 01-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #28 
KerryF

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflores View Post
...If other bettas can survive journeys from the other side of the world, he can survive a weekend at the office.
Good point. I understand that some members have imported their Bettas from Thailand.

KF
KerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #29 
fflores

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryF View Post
Good point. I understand that some members have imported their Bettas from Thailand.

KF
hoping they survive well, im planning on importing at least 4 when i my tank set up.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #30 
chargers505

fflores, are you sure that's a one gallon tank? That looks like a .5 gallon tank to me. My brother has a very similar tank and his is .5 gallon.
chargers505 is offline   Reply With Quote