Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #1 
Roomersschic

The Undefeated Female Betta

About 7 or 8 years ago I got my first betta and it was a female. I named her Clorissa as I walked with her in the bag through Mejiers. She was a brown and redish color. My brother went through two male betta fish while I was still on her. We had them in their own bowls she was in a smaller one. My cat would knock her bowl over off my night stand every day and she'd lay in the wet carpet and my cat wouldn't bother her. She lived through it all! I'd stick my finger tip in the water and she would nibble on it like she was playing or she'd come full speed at me and hit her bowl. She actually lived for 2 to 3 years. Eventually my cat did leave her alone and she died from old age. I'd never forget my strong ferocious female betta with and additude.
Roomersschic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #2 
bettalover2033

Aww she sounds very strong and like my female betta that just died recently of old age as well. My female was the first betta i got but i thought it was a male and until i got on her she was a male. When someone told me she was a female i was so surprised because i thought that because the way she acted and was so strong she was a male. Well this little girl was named Neptune.

im sure she lived a very happy life with you!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #3 
Bettas143

I had my first female betta fish 4 years ago when i didnt know a single thing about bettas, she was pink so i named her pinky and i loved her to death she was in this critter keeper thing that was really small for her. All the bad thing that happened to her was nothing, she sruvived. i loved but she died about 1 year and a half ago.:(
Bettas143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #4 
anthonyt20

im so sorry... at least she lived her full happy betta life
anthonyt20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #5 
Buttercup

Bettas are great little animals. They may be just a fish to everyone else but to me they're more than just a fish. They're my friends and family. I'm sorry about the death of your undefeatable female.
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote