Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #21 
ChicagoPete

Ive just started this sight less then a month after he did and have been here and just as active of a user as him. My opposition to him is the fact of him already stating his father had this Adowana fish and knows that it becomes even more agressive and five times the size of a betta, Ive looked up the information of what an Adrowana fish is and if hes been to this forum knowing all the responses of what others on here have told him what it is. He still states hes keeping them in the same tank till it kills his Betta or it dies from stress being in to small of a tank for it as stated by the care for a Adrowana fish is to not have it constantly acclamate to diffrent tanks as it grows yet its in a 10 gallon tank with a betta.
ChicagoPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #22 
JKfish

true, though that probably just means he's not as addicted to the forum. when I first joined, I didn't post for a while, and when I did it was in small dabbles here and there. Most trolls start trolling the moment they join, and he's been here a while. Besides, the forum rules state " Your fish, your responsibility. While we have many knowledgeable fish keepers here, please remember that members' opinions are their own and that it is up to you to determine the best course of action for your fish.". We can give the info, but in the end it's his responsiblity. That might make him stubborn, but definately not a troll.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #23 
sayurasem

guys im not a troll lol.
day 6, baby arowana's eggsack is gone so i feed them live blackworms. female actually doing great no sign of horizontal lines, just shows when i turn on the hood light.
arowana doing fine tho it tends to nip my plants.

im just doing a research if they are compatible... thats all.
well they will probably until 1 month because arowana always swims in the very top of the water and my female just roaming around in the middle.
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #24 
fflores

pics?
fflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #25 
Duncan13

Yes, please post pics! I agree with JK fish, Sayurasem is definately not a troll. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and free to do what they think is best for their pets. As long as their ways are not cruel or harmful to their pets, we should learn to accept different ways of doing things.
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #26 
Apocalypse

That just sounds like a generally terrible idea.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:06 AM   #27 
sayurasem

oke wait let me get some pictures. it will be up by friday no camera now.
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #28 
jessiepbg

If it's a money or time problem finding a bigger tank for the Arowana, may I suggest picking up a smaller tank to keep the Betta in temporarily? Keeping them together just seems like a bit of a gamble, both for the Betta and the Arowana. 2 gallon tanks run pretty cheap and you'd just need an extra heater to keep the Betta healthy and happy.
jessiepbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #29 
BettaJ

10 gallon tank for a 2.5inch baby arowana is good to grow it for about 1 month.
after that, it'll need to have a 55gallon grow out.

after it's about 6-8 inches (it'll need a 120gallon+)

i see lots of Ads about people selling their arowana bc it's "too big for their 75 gallon."

my arowana ate all the guppies i had, all the danios i had, and all the neons i had overnite, even though it grew up with them since day 1 when i got it.
they're unpredictable.
so even if they get along fine....

but i think your Arowana will get gill curl if you keep it in a small 10gallon.
Go research "Arowana Gill curl" and see the correlation between small tanks and the disease.

Aro's are awesome fish!
just put in the time and investment ($$$$$).
But above all, be responsible.

i couldn't keep up with mine's bi-daily water changes, so i gave it to a retired neighbor who has a 300 gallon tank.

---im just letting you know what you're getting into.
Arowana's are a 20 yr commitment.
BettaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:53 PM   #30 
Kortlin

I don't think you're a troll. Just really brave! Moreso than I would be. I'm not going to say anything judgmental though because I'm pushing a few limits of my own with my Nano tank, and you seem confident so...

Pictures would be great though! :)
Kortlin is offline   Reply With Quote