Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #1 
Bettas143

What is the best betta food?

Well I just wanted to know what is the best betta food forr bettas.
I have fed all my bettas Tetra BettaMin but what do you guys think:

What'sthe best betta food for you?
Bettas143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:37 PM   #2 
Connieconcon

My betta will only eat the those little hikari betta pellets right now. In the past, I've fed freeze dried blood worms as a treat, but Tweak doesn't care for them.

I've wanted to try frozen brine shrimp or blood worms, but I'm worried about parasites.
Connieconcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #3 
ANHEL123

All my bettas love 1.BettaFood Daily nutrition for all bettas BY AQUEON. It pellets in the yellow container with betta picture. 2.I also give them Color Enhancing Betta Bits by TOP FIN.It enhanced with vitamins too. But the pellets bigger then first one. 3. There is also New Life Spectrum Betta Formula. The only one thing it sinking really fast . So i always make sure they eat it before it sink.

Also i have dried blood worms enhanced with bio-vitamins i have them at work i have to look up the brand.

My bettas like all that food.

One time i bought another brand i don't remember what kind and pellets were so huge and i was afraid it can stack in bettas throat. Especially after i saw one post when some one had problem like that.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #4 
LittleBettaFish

My betta fish hate pellets and flakes and since that's not what they would be eating in the wild, I like to feed mine a strictly frozen and live-based diet. Mine get a rotation of bloodworms, brine shrimp, daphnia and various mosquito larvae and other insects I find like gnats and flying ants etc.

I have yet to have a problem with feeding this diet, and it's amazing what the added protein in the frozen foods can do for ripped and damaged fins. One of my males tore his dorsal fin in half, and it had almost entirely healed by the next day.

I used to feed flakes and pellets, but the ingredients left a lot to be desired and so I decided frozen was the way to go. Now I just have to stop everyone from jumping out the tops of their tanks when they see me coming with their food container
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #5 
Bettas143

I have fed my bettas Freeze dried brine shrimp, nothing has happened to them. They love them!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #6 
Bettas143

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
All my bettas love 1.BettaFood Daily nutrition for all bettas BY AQUEON. It pellets in the yellow container with betta picture. 2.I also give them Color Enhancing Betta Bits by TOP FIN.It enhanced with vitamins too. But the pellets bigger then first one. 3. There is also New Life Spectrum Betta Formula. The only one thing it sinking really fast . So i always make sure they eat it before it sink.

Also i have dried blood worms enhanced with bio-vitamins i have them at work i have to look up the brand.

My bettas like all that food.

One time i bought another brand i don't remember what kind and pellets were so huge and i was afraid it can stack in bettas throat. Especially after i saw one post when some one had problem like that.

Gonna check those food brands when I got to the petstore, I'll feed them different food for a change
Old 01-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #7 
Connieconcon

I just wanted to add that tonight I decided to pick up a variety pack of frozen food for Tweak today. All 4 types had either bloodworm or brine shrimp. Two were just one or the other and the third was brine shrimp+some vegetation and the fourth was bloodworms plus brine shrimp plus some other stuff.

It's by San Francisco Bay Brand.

The first cube I scratched a few pieces off of ended up being the one with vegetation and shrimp, and he ignored that at first. The second one I opened ended up having blood worms and he LOVED those.

I just noticed that he's scavenging the the bottom for all the other little bits he missed earlier. It's amazing! I'm going to try the other two tomorrow.

It's too bad that they didn't label which cubes were which.
Connieconcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:00 AM   #8 
sayurasem

LIVE BLACKWORMS!!!! (cooled in fridge)
my bettas eat them like noodles.
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:20 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayurasem View Post
LIVE BLACKWORMS!!!! (cooled in fridge)
my bettas eat them like noodles.
Eeeuuuwww! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:28 AM   #10 
sayurasem

they so cheap... 1 dollar 50 can last me for 3 weeks or more.
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote