Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #1 
BettaCavy

Water changes w/ maracyn

I found a fantastically useful person at PetSmart who actually knew what she was talking about to help me with Fidget, and I ended up buying a proper thermometer, aquarium salt, some conditioner (I was running out) and some maracyn because Fidget has developed what looks to be the beginnings of popeye.

I did 100% change yesterday and went through and did 100% again today, added an appropriate amount of aquiarium salt, appropriate amount of maracyn, appropriate amount of new conditioner. I'm still mostly leaving Fidget alone and his tank is dark, but he's already happier and more active (I also gradually changed the temp so now it's sitting between 80* and 81*).

The Maracyn says to add X amt per day for 5 days (for me it's a fifth of the packet). Should I be doing water changes in between them, or just leaving the tank more or less alone? I plan to do a 50% once a week (probably Wednesday or Thursday) and a 100% once a week (probably Saturday or Sunday) eventually, and obviously in a 2gal unfiltered I need to do a change at one point, but should I be doing a change every day, or just maybe in three day's time? I don't want to stress Fidget out, but I DO want him to get better.

Thanks so much for the help!
BettaCavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #2 
vaygirl

You can do a water change right before the next dose, every day if you like.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote