Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #1 
Min

sorority advice

ok i have a 14 gallon tank with 6 neons. I would like to start a sorority. My questions are...... how many lil girls can i have? Also the last time I thought I was buying a lil girl she ended up being a he. The cup was even marked female veil tail he really did look like a tiny female. I would like to avoid this happening again. do any of you have pics of young males & females to compare? Advice on the differences would also be helpful if no pics. I say young because because bettas seem a lot younger in the store now. Thanks in advance.
Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:01 PM   #2 
JD3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min View Post
ok i have a 14 gallon tank with 6 neons. I would like to start a sorority. My questions are...... how many lil girls can i have? Also the last time I thought I was buying a lil girl she ended up being a he. The cup was even marked female veil tail he really did look like a tiny female. I would like to avoid this happening again. do any of you have pics of young males & females to compare? Advice on the differences would also be helpful if no pics. I say young because because bettas seem a lot younger in the store now. Thanks in advance.
Check for the egg spot on the females at the store. It's under their body. There's a pic of it and an explanation on this site: http://www.bettatalk.com/how_to_sex_bettas.htm
JD3P is offline   Reply With Quote