Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #21 
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
okay. :3 thank you. >.<

uugh. .____. would it be possible to contact youtube itself to get these types of videos off?
That doesn't mean you can't share a link if private messaged though
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #22 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettamaniac View Post
actually I looked it up and they are excluded from animal cruelty laws
wrong.

from Yahoo answers"

Quote:
It's illegal in most states and across Asia and western Europe.

Florida, for example, has very strict laws against animal fighting and Bettas are considered equal with dogs. Fighting Bettas in Florida is a 3rd degree felony, as with most other US states.
i also looked it up not too long ago. most state laws don't specify just dogs when it comes to animal fighting, but count roosters, and other vertebrates. it differs from state to state, but that's what most states state in their animal fighting laws.

also, Feral, i will, but only if people want me to. .____. i don't wanna get in trouble on here. x-X
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

I believe it's ok to share a link via pm.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:21 AM   #24 
Luimeril

okies.

i think the ones i talked about were removed. :3
Old 01-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #25 
Buttercup

I don't understand why people must be so cruel. I admit that I'm a huge tomboy but I'd never do anything like fighting fish, putting fish in the same plastic containers at the stores, and posting something so sick on a site that people of all ages get on. Animal cruelty of all sorts is illegal. People can be so stupid. Though you can't post the links to the specific videos you've made our community aware of these so if we do come across them we can give them a lovely thumbs down and flag.
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:44 PM   #26 
Luimeril

i'm always coming across these. :/ i flag and vote down them all. i hate that i can't enjoy betta videos on youtube, without someone posting something stupid like these on there. D:
Old 01-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #27 
Buttercup

I hate it too but all we can do is flag as many videos as possible to attempt to get them removed. If you ever want to send me a link to any bad videos through pm you can so that I can help get them flagged.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #28 
MrVampire181

How the fighting is done is what irks me. Stupid fighting is the worst. Well informed fighters do things much more humanely...not that I approve it's just that I know two fighters on youtube and I've learned how the fighting works from them.

Two humane US fighters on youtube are:

Radicalplakats
Plakatfighters1
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:06 PM   #29 
Luimeril

Plakatfighters1 doesn't just fight, he breeds beautiful bettas as well. he clearly doesn't fight them till they die, like most Youtube fighters, and treats them pretty well(well... as well as a fighting betta can be treated).

i hate with a passion, the kids who just plop two bettas in a cup/bowl/glass/whatever and laugh as they fight, or laugh at them when they don't want to fight! had to fuss as these girls the other day, who plopped a beautiful red betta in the bowl of a beautiful blue betta, bet on who'd win, and complained when all they did was flare, and move to opposite sides of the bowl.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #30 
Buttercup

People can be so stupid. I hate the people who find it funny to be cruel to animals as beautiful as these. Many people think that it's just a fish and nothing more but that's because they don't understand. Animals deserve to be treated with respect. How would they like it if they were two gorgeous fish that had suddenly been placed in a small area together just so that they would fight? I know that everyone says that these days but it's true that those people probably wouldn't like it if they were the fish. What do they find funny about two animals trying to kill each other because of their stupidity? That's messed up if you ask me. It makes me sick!