Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #1 
soccerdog693

Xander's playing with his filter!

So I've had Xander for a bit over a week now and he's starting to get more curious about his tank. He spent most of the first week in his coffe mug cave. He now roams over every nook and cranny. Anyway, he discovered the filter output today. I put a pre-filter on the input and a plant right under the ouput to slow down the current, but the area right above the plant (about 1 cm under the output) still is rather turbulent. Anyway, he went over to take a look at that today and it freaked him out so much he swam as fast as he could to the other side of his tank! this time a little braver he poked at it again and swam around. For the bast 15 minutes he's been swimming SUPER fast through this little area, I think he's playing in the current!

Also, as a side note, the cave I got him from the pet supplies plus began to CHIP PAINT!!! I took it out but felt bad cuz he LOVED his cave. So I soaked a plan coffee mug in hot water for a while, then stuck that in his tank. 1) it kind of looks cute, and 2) he loves it!

Had to share my little betta anecdote, I'm glad he's feeling more confidant in his tank. Took him a while!
soccerdog693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Sounds neat to watch...you should video and post it on youtube and here....some do love to play in the current and chase bubbles too...pretty neat to watch....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #3 
Malvolti

That sounds great, I would love to see a video.

My current two boys love their filters too, for different reasons. Howl loves to swim up the spillway of his filter and hide inside it, even though he has a Betta log and a cave.

Domino on the other hand will swim over to the current and then swim just hard enough against the current that he doesn't move. Kind of like a treadmill I guess.

Anyways, happy bettas make happy betta parents.
Malvolti is offline   Reply With Quote