Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2011, 12:19 AM   #11 
baylee767
Member
 
baylee767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hawaii- Go Diamond head!
Eh... maybe you have planaria in your gravel and they somehow... burrowed into it?

If I were you I'd remove the other bulbs and check them over.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #12 
DormDrax
Member
 
DormDrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
Eh... maybe you have planaria in your gravel and they somehow... burrowed into it?

If I were you I'd remove the other bulbs and check them over.
It's not Planeria...

I research everything you guys mention.

These worms traveled with the bulb.

No I checked over the others... this bulb was weird from the start.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:09 AM   #13 
Jupiter
Member
 
Jupiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario
Ack! That's so gross. I was planning on buying some next week when I go to America, but now I'm hesitant...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:33 AM   #14 
gopal87
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boulder, CO
Those bulbs had been rotting. Gross
gopal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:53 AM   #15 
DormDrax
Member
 
DormDrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal87 View Post
Those bulbs had been rotting. Gross
Just the one actually...
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #16 
scootshoot
Member
 
scootshoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Just bought this package for my 14. Buried those bulbs at different sections of my substrate. We'll see how they turn out in a few months.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #17 
DormDrax
Member
 
DormDrax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootshoot View Post
Just bought this package for my 14. Buried those bulbs at different sections of my substrate. We'll see how they turn out in a few months.
Well the old guy (That I trust) from Petsmart said they should grow within a month... or at least START to grow. It's been 2 weeks... I think they are the reason the Nitrites vanished (Because 2 days after I put them in is when the Nitrites vanished). So they MUST be doing something...
I just want one to crack open and root dangit! JUST ONE! HOPEFULLY THE WATER LILY! (It was the Onion that rotted).
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #18 
scootshoot
Member
 
scootshoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DormDrax View Post
Well the old guy (That I trust) from Petsmart said they should grow within a month... or at least START to grow. It's been 2 weeks... I think they are the reason the Nitrites vanished (Because 2 days after I put them in is when the Nitrites vanished). So they MUST be doing something...
I just want one to crack open and root dangit! JUST ONE! HOPEFULLY THE WATER LILY! (It was the Onion that rotted).
Yep, I already tried the Betta Bulbs. In a months time they started to sprout and are doing very well. My 14 can handle a few more plants, hence the added purchase of this package...
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #19 
fishman12
Member
 
fishman12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ........
27 worms and counting?!?!?!?!
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Eeeuuuwww!! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how are plant bulbs beneficial to the betta? papinkston Betta Fish Care 9 10-26-2010 09:11 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.