Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #1 
Sweeda88

Extremely Frustrated...

So, since my babysitting job fell through, I can't go and buy different foods to try for Miki. I thought he was eating the shrimp, but he was just chewing it and then spitting it out. I'm seriously thinking about exchanging him. I don't have the heart to deal with a sick fish so soon after Aurora died. I also have this terrible feeling like he will never eat, just like I knew that Aurora wasn't going to recover. I don't like the idea of returning him and him ending up in a bowl, but I also can't bear to watch him waste away. If he's not eating now, who knows how long he went without eating in the store? He was SO skinny when I got him, and he only seems to be getting thinner.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #2 
scootshoot

Sad to hear. It's obvious based on him chewing on the shrimp he is attempting to eat to live. He just can't keep it down for whatever reason.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #3 
Sweeda88

I know... I really don't want to take him back, because he seems so happy otherwise. I just don't know what to do anymore.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #4 
scootshoot

I missed your other thread. Aside from the shrimp what were you attempting to feed him with before? Sorry if I am making you repeat....
Old 01-08-2011, 01:50 PM   #5 
Sweeda88

Pellets and freeze dried bloodworms. I even soaked the pellets in garlic juice, like I was told to try. He doesn't show ANY interest in those. He doesn't even nip at anything but the shrimp. I made tiny pieces of shrimp that should have been easy for him to chew and swallow, but obviously they weren't. I don't have a penny to my name, so I can't try anything else!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #6 
scootshoot

I had that same issue with Pellets on my boy, but it turned out it was the size and he was unable to keep it down. Went to Hikari Betta gold which is significantly smaller in diameter and he loves those.

Am very surprised he is not touching the bloodworms, most betta's love those.

On a positive note, he does have an appetite and able to see his food based on your earlier example with the shrimp bits. He's trying.....

Good luck!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #7 
Sweeda88

Well, I crushed up a presoaked pellet, and he nipped at a piece, but he decided he didn't like it and won't eat any more. He's impossible!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #8 
FishyFriend1

maybe you should try some fry food?
FishyFriend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #9 
Sweeda88

Like I said, I don't have a penny to my name. I have decided to return him. I hate to do it, but I also noticed some other things that show he's sick, and I can't handle another sick fish right now. It sounds selfish, but I need to think of myself right now. Please, don't try to change my mind. It's killing me to do it, but I can't handle another fish dying.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #10 
jschristian44

I would take him if you lived closer.
jschristian44 is offline   Reply With Quote